Leeds Castle - public footpath

(6 Posts)
tightfisted Fri 29-Dec-06 19:59:20

I know a public footpath does run through Leeds Castle.. Can anyone tell me where the entry point is? Thanks!

FrayedKnotRoastingOnAnOpenFire Fri 29-Dec-06 20:06:41

Will check map and report back..

FrayedKnotRoastingOnAnOpenFire Fri 29-Dec-06 20:24:47

Well according to my Ordnance Survey map there are several paths and several potential entrances - have never tried any so can't give landmarks, & no idea how accessable they are, given you have to pay to get in.

There should be 3 paths leading off the Ashford Rd, two off Broomfield Rd and a path which leads from Burberry Lane (?).

The path which goes right up to the castle runs horizontally from Burberry Lane to Broomfield Rd.

HTH

tightfisted Fri 29-Dec-06 20:38:24

This is really helpful, thanks! I seem to remember walking in on one of the public footpaths years ago. If you don´t leave the footpath you have every right to access the castle grounds.. Official entry fee is more than 13 quid! Each!

tightfisted Wed 03-Jan-07 16:58:41

Found it no problem, thanks!

DaytonA666 Thu 07-Apr-16 16:35:38

You used to be able to walk up to the part where you pay, but then go right and cross a stream via bridge, then go left into the grounds on a public footpath. There are signs to put you off , telling you to stay on the path and saying it is private property I think, which it can be, but that doesn't effect path rights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now