Talk

Advanced search

HELP!! HELP !! Emergency passport for 11yo

(14 Posts)
Tillyboo Wed 10-Feb-16 09:52:09

Hi, can anyone help with advice. We're off skiing (eurotunnel) on Friday morning to France & one of our party has just realised wit child passport is out of date. Distraught is not the word !
The family have spoken to passport office & no help at all as takes a week to produce new passport. My husband has just found a ETD (emergency travel document) website which might be helpful but can anyone suggest anything else to help or have gone through this. My friend is sobbing, my daughter has gone into school sobbing & my dad's friend is sobbing but understands she & her mum now can't go but her dad & brothers are going. It's a mess but I'm determined to help. We have 4 families & 7 kids & will be terribly sad if my friend & her dd can't. We've being doing this for 4yrs !
Please no crit about renewing passport, they know they've cocked up & it won't help
Thanks, any help or advice would be brilliant

MrsJayy Wed 10-Feb-16 09:55:06

Do you need a passport to travel within the EU ? Do the passport office still do same day service or do you need to get an appointment

LizzieMacQueen Wed 10-Feb-16 09:55:21

There's a one day premium service if you can get to one of the offices.

link

MrsJayy Wed 10-Feb-16 09:56:46

Thats what I was thinking of lizzie

Bromeliad Wed 10-Feb-16 10:00:05

I don't think you can get childrens passports on the one day service - sorry.

Muchtoomuchtodo Wed 10-Feb-16 10:03:13

This link shows that you cannot renew a child passport using the one day service.

The best she can do would be to apply for a fast track one week service today and hope it comes really fast, the travel out separately for the remainder of the holiday.

MrsJayy Wed 10-Feb-16 10:04:06

Oh right didnt know that.

eddtheduck Wed 10-Feb-16 10:04:46

I got my child's passport renewed on the one day service at the London office near Victoria station. I had an appointment at 9am and had the passport by 5.

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 10-Feb-16 10:05:00

I am afraid Bromeliad is correct, the one day service is not available for renewal of child passports.

www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently/cost

An ETD may be possible to arrange, they are accepted for France according to the Foreign office travel website

www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

LizzieMacQueen Wed 10-Feb-16 10:05:21

That's a bit shit isn't it? Wonder if that's for child protection...

Sorry OP. Hope you get it sorted.

Muchtoomuchtodo Wed 10-Feb-16 10:08:20

I think the ETD's are only issued if you're abroad and have a passport problem (lost, stolen etc).

Bromeliad Wed 10-Feb-16 10:10:20

I think it changed a couple of years ago (when they also decided that expats can happily live without their passports for eight weeks). I've heard that sometimes the one-week delivery can come very quickly though, you've probably got a good chance at this time of year.

Tillyboo Wed 10-Feb-16 10:38:44

Thank you everyone ! I've left it in the hands of my friend. I think their only option is to hop in the car and go to the passport office with cap in hand and the kids with all their documentations of the holiday and beg, beg, beg !

I can't believe this is happening. It's really crap, will affect everyone, not least my friend and her dd being left behind.

GloriaHotcakes Fri 12-Feb-16 20:10:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now