Talk

Advanced search

Spain with 6 month old twins and 3yo - what will I need to take on the plane?

(10 Posts)
aimees75 Tue 09-Feb-16 10:05:04

Hello,
Our twins are due this Friday. We also have a 3yo.
Maybe this is a bit crazy but we have booked to stay in a luxury bungalow on a campsite down the coast from Barcelona for the end of July. We will be in adjacent bungalow to good friends, and it will be great for the 3yo who is incredibly sociable.
Just wanting to book flights but not sure what I will need. Can you take car seats on planes? It's looking like easyjey or Ryan air as BA too pricey.
Thanks all

dementedpixie Tue 09-Feb-16 10:10:50

Only specific sized car seats can be taken on board and they are normally forward facing ones. The twins will need to sit in an adults lap for take off and landing but your 3 year old will have their own seat. You could put the car seats/buggy in the hold and take them with you. You would need to check with the airline as to what they let you take for free for babies

dementedpixie Tue 09-Feb-16 10:15:34

You can take infant car seats on board but you would have had to have bought a seat for each of them but they will still have to go on your lap for take off/ landing

OhShutUpThomas Tue 09-Feb-16 10:31:10

Valium?

unimaginativename13 Tue 09-Feb-16 11:31:03

We've just booked a trip with BA with baby and they include a bigger hand luggage INCLUDING the baby and allocated seating.

Not sure about the value airlines but I know easyjet is £22 each way for infants (even tho they sit on laps hmm) and the allowance is much less.

Also we are planning to order all the baby bits to the airport Boots in advance to collect on arrival.

SweetAdeline Tue 09-Feb-16 11:35:52

Ryanair seems bit more generous with babies than Easyjet in my experience. You get two "baby items" (can be travel cot, pushchair or car seat etc).

Bear in mind that even if the twins are on laps you won't be able to sit three in a row because there is only one extra mask in each "row section" so you might need to sit across an aisle or in front/behind your partner.

aimees75 Thu 11-Feb-16 16:56:01

Thank you all so much for your advice and input. I'll probably try and speak to the airlines and then book something. Would love to go BA but it's a lot pricier!
Unimaginative - do you mean the UK airport boots? That's a good idea.

unimaginativename13 Fri 12-Feb-16 20:53:10

Yes just do click and collect to the airport one X

Artandco Fri 12-Feb-16 20:56:55

Twins can sit on laps so no seat needed, you need to check them in as an infant passenger though

You get x2 baby items per infant checked in.

Easier thing would be check pram in with luggage. Take slings for in airport and plane.

Pineapple5678 Sun 14-Feb-16 09:46:20

Just be aware traveling with 2 infants quite often you will not be able to sit next to each as only 1 infant is allowed per row due oxygen masks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now