Talk

Advanced search

Holiday location compromise ideas...

(6 Posts)
ahalfchipshalfricemum Wed 03-Feb-16 21:50:27

Any suggestions for holiday locations as a compromise for all the family please?

My DH fancies an all inclusive beach holiday, my 7yo DD would like to play in a pool all day and I would like to stay in self catering and do a bit of culture/exploration. We prefer quieter places to hustle bustle, and need some ideas before we start arguing about it! hmm

Any suggestions gratefully received! grin

mummymeister Thu 04-Feb-16 12:28:07

we are going to crete, staying in a self catering apartment. looks like it has a lot of choice with some apartments attached to hotels where you get part board. sure other places in Europe do this.

OneMagnumisneverenough Thu 04-Feb-16 12:31:54

I'd generally recommend Dalyan in Turkey but it doesn't do AI though Half board is available and Villas with private pool are cheap. Not so confident about recommending Turkey at the moment though.

ahalfchipshalfricemum Thu 04-Feb-16 16:06:16

Thank you both - we have never been to Turkey or Crete. Not sure DH would go to Turkey but I will have a little look at both on t'interweb smile

rookiemere Thu 04-Feb-16 16:14:13

How about Dordogne - some nice self catering places centred around a pool. Not AI but lots of opportunity for lovely meals out and boulangerie trips for breakfast, loads of accessible culture - train down to prehistoric cave paintings, more castles than you can shake a stick at and canoeing. There are also river side beaches although we've not been to those so can't say how good they are.

KitKat1985 Sat 06-Feb-16 18:46:38

Greece on a half board basis? Lots of culture for you, lots of pools and beaches for your DH and DD. And if you are half board you could eat lunch out so you can explore a bit, and then chill and eat at the hotel in the evening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now