Ljubljana or Tallinn for an easter break?

(7 Posts)
Theydontknowweknowtheyknow Wed 03-Feb-16 13:15:40

Just that really. We've narrowed it down to those two. Has anyone been to either and what did you think?

Theydontknowweknowtheyknow Wed 03-Feb-16 18:48:40

Bump. Anyone?

Linok Wed 10-Feb-16 12:49:12

Haven't been to Ljubljana but Tallinn is lovely. Be careful thou the weather might be not for long walks at the end of March.

Tallinn's old town is very picturesque, lots of inviting bars/pubs/restaurants. Plenty of sightseeing to do by foot, a few interesting museums.

Saying all that, for this time of the year I would have chose Ljubljana just for the weather factor and left Tallinn for August exploring or winter time

ShanghaiDiva Thu 11-Feb-16 19:07:41

Have been to both and both lovely smile
Vote for Ljubljana as you can also visit lake Bled.

BananaDaiquiri Thu 18-Feb-16 09:35:26

I've been to both and agree that both are lovely! Ljubljana would be a but warmer, but I visited Tallinn in February and don't recall the cold bothering me particularly (guess I was well wrapped).

Both have great bars and restaurants and both are picturesque. Would highly recommend a visit to both cities so pick one now and leave the other for your next city break!

bonnerbebe Tue 23-Feb-16 14:30:18

Ljubljana is a gorgeous city! Agree that Lake Bled is well worth a visit, it's beautiful and very romantic!

Theydontknowweknowtheyknow Tue 23-Feb-16 14:34:46

Ah I missed the replies because I thought the thread had died but just saw bonnerbebe's reply. Thanks Bonner!

Pleased to see that Ljubljana is the consensus because that's where I picked after all grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now