Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for short breaks with a preschooler

(10 Posts)
Gattabianca Thu 28-Jan-16 13:43:57

We have 18 months before our son starts school and would love to make the most of cheap term time holidays BUT my job expects me to take almost all my leave during school holidays sad

I only work 3 days (Tuesday-Thursday). So, instead of weeks on the beach in June and September we can have some long weekends away.
We've done some short breaks already that have been good - London, Rome, Bruges, Conwy.

I was thinking maybe skiing, or centre parcs - or would it not be worth it for a weekend? Any other ideas for short breaks that'd be good with a little boy?
smile

mummymeister Thu 28-Jan-16 14:50:08

LEGOLAND - uk and the one in Holland. eurodisney. at his age he isn't really going to care so long as you are with him and he is out and about doing stuff.

Gattabianca Thu 28-Jan-16 15:18:11

Oo I hadn't thought of Eurodisney. I'll have a look, thanks. I've never been to Disney (anywhere). Would there be stuff for under 5s?

What about city breaks? I think Paris or Budapest could be good...would welcome any other suggestions. smile

dinkystinky Thu 28-Jan-16 15:21:15

Berlin and Stockholm were great with our toddler

mouldycheesefan Thu 28-Jan-16 17:20:25

Centre parcs, yes fantastic
Disneyland Paris, yes definitely
London
City break If enough stuff for kids and you can either travel around easily with a buggy or don't need a buggy
How about somewhere warm with a beach, flights to Majorca, Spain etc? Fly out Thursday evening and back Monday = 4 nights in Palma, Madrid, Barcelona
Brighton or any seaside place in UK, premier inns are cheap

Gattabianca Thu 28-Jan-16 20:29:02

Love premier inns! smile
Not been to Barcalona since I was much younger so associate it with drinking and clubbing but I can imagine it would be nice with kids with the beach and the Gaudi gardens (can't remember the real name)
What did you do with your toddler in Stockholm and Berlin? dinky
Off to google all these suggestions. Thanks!!

girlywhirly Mon 01-Feb-16 13:12:27

You could have a long weekend in Mallorca or Minorca if the flights are agreeable.

Themodernuriahheep Mon 01-Feb-16 13:14:18

The Isle of Wight. Perfect for pre schoolers.

Avebury Fri 05-Feb-16 09:39:52

Hoburne Naish with a day at Peppa Pig World

kiddieholidays1 Sun 07-Feb-16 21:09:23

I'm in a similar situation so we have been packing the short breaks in too!

We've been to London, Durham (Beamish), Tamworth (Thomasland) and Matlock Bath (Gullivers, Heights of Abraham and the Peak District).

Other places I fancy going are Edinburgh, Ribby Hall (holiday village near Blackpool) and Bluestone in Wales.

Jo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now