Talk

Advanced search

AI help needed please

(5 Posts)
snowypenguin Sun 24-Jan-16 19:34:42

Hello

We'd like a good all inclusive for a couple of weeks. On the edge of a nice town so we can walk into town at night and perhaps eat out if we chose to do so.

What we don't want is the typical Brits abroad. Hundreds of people by the pool and gorging on sausage and chips twice a day! We do want a hotel with a bit of life to it though. Kids club good but not necessary. Would like a flight just a couple of hours from the uk. Any hidden gems you could tell me about?

MrsKipling16 Sun 24-Jan-16 19:40:50

Croatia! We've done AI in Pula a couple of times - both were great smile

snowypenguin Tue 26-Jan-16 17:38:10

Never though of Croatia. Will have a look.

Bunbaker Tue 26-Jan-16 22:38:21

Second Croatia, although we have never gone AI. I'm afraid AI does have connotations of Brits abroad with all day breakfast/as much beer as you can guzzle. I'm sure the more upmarket AI resorts aren't like that though.

If you are planning on eating out in a local town why would you want to stay in an AI place?

We stayed in an aparthotel on the Makarska riviera the first time we went to Croatia and it ticked all the right boxes for us. We had breakfast in the apartment and sometimes we had lunch out. We ate out every evening. Our apartment was on the edge of the town and it was excellent. I would go back.

snowypenguin Wed 27-Jan-16 13:11:39

My husband likes all inclusive. I do to a certain point as it gets rid of the kids constantly asking for ice cream and drinks but I prefer B&B or half board so its a bit of a juggle finding something right for us as a family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now