Talk

Advanced search

Majorca - non AI hotel with football!

(5 Posts)
ErgonomicallyUnsound Fri 22-Jan-16 11:02:08

Wise MNers I need help. I've been glued to my iPad for the last week trying to find the perfect accommodation in Majorca for the summer (around 11 nights ) and am struggling.

Here are our needs:

*can't be a package as we are going to mainland Spain for a few days first
*will be hiring a car, don't want AI, happy to drive to restaurants etc
* DD (9) wants to make English speaking friends by the pool
* DS (12) wants to play football - need a pitch or 5 aside or multi sports court at hotel
* don't want less than 4*
* don't want to pay the earth, but budget flexible
* ideally North ish. But have car so can drive.

Any recommendations or suggestions gratefully received.

Misty9 Sat 23-Jan-16 18:26:35

We really liked the bonaire in cala bona. It's a Thomson hotel and had a pitch but not sure how formal the football was!

ErgonomicallyUnsound Sat 23-Jan-16 21:52:31

Thank you Misty. I did look at that one, and Thomson could do it but it was HB only. It did look nice and what we were looking for other than the HB.

I've found the holy grail finally, slightly further up the coast.

Makemineacabsauv Sat 23-Jan-16 22:00:01

The playa mar in Puerto Pollensa sounds ideal - AC with AI option. It's a Thomson only hotel but I think you can also book direct. It has a huge football pitch used by local football team behind it which guests are allowed to use. As hotel is all British your kids will make friends. Lovely indoor pool too. It was a bit ott Brits only for me but kids enjoyed it!

Misty9 Sun 24-Jan-16 00:19:17

That's strange, we were room only. Glad you've found somewhere anyway. Enjoy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now