Talk

Advanced search

Center Parcs in Europe

(17 Posts)
AuditAngel Mon 18-Jan-16 09:53:27

We had a fantastic break last May at Erperheide in Belgium, were considering same site again, or De Kempervennen (sorry about the spellings)

Yesterday DH invited my mum to come too, which is fine, but means accommodation for 6 instead of 5. Erperheide is now looking really expensive as accommodation is for 5 or 8.

We are flexible about which site we go to, live in the South East and plan to travel via Eurotunnel. Have a 5+2 car so can accommodate mum using a roof box.

Last year Erperheide was about 2.5 hours drive after the train, happy to do up to about 4 hours.

Any suggestions on which site?

Limbourse Peel looks really cheap, is there a reason for this?

Park Zandvoort likes like a good price, but has anyone been here? The pool does not look like the other Center Parcs ones?

Thanks

AuditAngel Mon 18-Jan-16 09:54:37

Forgot to mention, mum is registered disabled, can walk slowly, but not massive distances and really hilly would be hard for her.

futureme Mon 18-Jan-16 09:56:06

No help but interested... And just love the mental image of you accommodating your mum with a roof box smile

AuditAngel Mon 18-Jan-16 10:21:16

We'd have to hoist her up, but..... You know what I mean. We can still manage in one car, but would need to roof box for stuff (or small children if driving me mad...)

SugarPlumTree Mon 18-Jan-16 10:23:24

We did Erpeheide one year then did the one by Amsterdam last year and it was a real let down. Wish we'd tried Kempervennen.

Think the cheaper ones are due to lack of centre parks style dome pools.

AuditAngel Mon 18-Jan-16 10:55:20

SugarPlumTree that is my concern. Thanks for the feedback on the one near Amsterdam. Do you recall the name?

SugarPlumTree Mon 18-Jan-16 12:24:10

De Eemhof having Googled. To be fair FIL was ill and we weren't in best frame of mind but we had mice and had to move cottage which was very annoying at the time. Apparently the Waterfront flats there don't have mice if that helps. But generally we much preferred Erpeheide .

AuditAngel Mon 18-Jan-16 12:29:56

Thanks, we would have liked Erperheide again, but for 5 it would be €527 for May half term, one more makes it €780!

De Kempervennen is €612 so quite reasonable.

sofiahelin1 Mon 18-Jan-16 12:45:43

Not particularly helpful as we've only been to Kempervennen. We've been to loads of European cp though blush & best two by far were les Bois in Normandy & le lac d'aliotte one to avoid would be port Zeeland in the Netherlands sorry not particularly helpful!

Branleuse Mon 18-Jan-16 12:46:35

kempervennen is supposed to be the best one isnt it, its the one with the snow centre. I have only ever been to one in the UK, but have looked into the european ones quite a lot, and I would have liked to go for kempervennen or het hejderbos, going by reviews and facilities

LizzieMacQueen Mon 18-Jan-16 13:38:51

I've been to both De Eemhof and Kempervennen though a while ago. My memory is that Eemhof has an inferior pool complex.

You should be aware that they are really strict about non or poor swimmers (althouhj they have swim aids you can borrow) in things like the wave machine (Eemhof) and slides (Kempervennen).

Have you looked at Duinrell?

AuditAngel Mon 18-Jan-16 16:28:32

The older DC are both very good swimmers (DS age 11 is level 7, DD1 age 8 is level 6) DD2 is ok, but only 5, level 3 swimmer, but we tend to keep her with us. DD2 was fine on all the slides at Erperheide in May last year.

Thanks for the warning.

ZedWoman Wed 20-Jan-16 21:22:27

We've been to De Vossemeren twice and are going again in four weeks' time. It's within a spitting distance of DK. We love it there! Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Manopaws Sat 23-Jan-16 05:33:36

Have you thought about Dunrell in Holland? you could do the Harwich to Hook ferry then only 1 hour max from port. great for kids and flat.

Branleuse Sat 23-Jan-16 11:32:54

harwich to holland ferry is 10/12 hours though. Eurotunnel is 45 mins

SymbollocksInteractionism Sat 23-Jan-16 11:48:12

Duinrell is brilliant for the kids. We have been three times over the years. Kids are now 14,8 and 5 and we are planning a visit again this year and they are really excited about it. It is flat so great for people with mobility issues and the pool is brilliant.
I'm watching this with interest because I would quite like a week at Duinrell and a week at a CP in Holland so interested to see where people have enjoyed.

AuditAngel Sat 23-Jan-16 13:45:20

Have booked De Kempervennen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now