Talk

Advanced search

Thomson Family Life?

(6 Posts)
tryhard Sun 10-Jan-16 22:58:02

First holiday abroad with 4.5 year old & 2 year old, would rather keep flight shorter so we're looking at Coma Gran, Majorca. I've heard good things about these holidays in general but I can't seem to find many places doing 2 bedroom apartments & some things about this particular place make me a bit nervous (noisy bars, some safety issues with balconies etc, freezing pool (we'd be going in May)) but these holidays seem fantastic for kids...has anyone been on one of these holidays? Would you recommend it for a first holiday abroad?

mummymeister Tue 12-Jan-16 11:09:12

the big red flag for me would be any tripadvisor reviews saying that the pool was cold. most places in spain/Greece tend to take a while to get going and whilst they say heated pool it often isn't warm enough for children in particular to swim in.

Misty9 Thu 14-Jan-16 22:36:37

We stayed in a Thomson family life hotel (the Bonaire) last September in Majorca, and had a great time. Our dc don't really do swimming, so the pool wasn't a factor, but plenty of people were in it. The best part though was the reps, and especially Thomson the Dog! Our two (2 and 4) still sing the mini disco tunes now and are constantly asking when we can see him again grin
For us it was worth it for the kids facilities like play areas, and the kids evening entertainment. And knowing that people would be less likely to be offended by over excited children if they've knowingly booked a family resort!

Misty9 Thu 14-Jan-16 22:38:41

Oh, and we had a one bed apartment with similar ages and it honestly was fine. They had the bedroom (with supplied cot) and we I converted the sofa bed every night. Not the most comfortable bed in the world, but fine for 10 days and meant we could stay up for another half an hour when the kids were down. Good living space for chilling during the day too.

mouldycheesefan Fri 15-Jan-16 17:42:48

Freezing pools and unsafe balconies would it me off, sorry. I would keep looking

KitKat1985 Sun 17-Jan-16 17:30:23

We went to the Coma Gran last year. The hotel itself is nice and very family friendly, and Sa Coma is a family friendly resort. My only gripe is that we were on the first floor right above a bar and yes it does get noisy. The pool is also a bit on the cold side. If you do go request to be in a quiet room, (probably best to be on one of the higher floors so you are not right above the bars).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now