Talk

Advanced search

3 nights Costa Brava, day trip Barcelona

(5 Posts)
bitofabelly Sat 09-Jan-16 10:31:37

Hi all, so we have 3 nights to sort at the end of our holiday, we fly in and out of Perpignan. We hoped to spend the last 3 nights in Spain, with a car rental, somewhere with nice restaurants, could be a hotel or apartment. We would like to be within striking distance of Barcelona. Our kids will be 12, 9 and 7. Doesn't have to be beachy. Open to anything really. Any suggestions for nice towns to stay in or would we be better staying in Barcelona for the 3 nights. It's end July 2016. First time to Spain for kids so would love them to see/ stay somewhere authentic or different. Budget 200euro per night. Thanks so much

CocktailQueen Sat 09-Jan-16 10:40:28

Sounds good! Last year we stayed in Begur in Costa Brava - hired a car at Girona, dropped car back off at Girona and took the train to Barcelona - only took an hour from there. So a day trip by train míght be possible? Traffic in Barcelona is pretty busy, and parking looked tricky.

In Barcelona we had a family apartment for 2 nights, which was lovely - google Friendly Rentals in Barcelona. V friendly staff, plenty to do in Barcelona, lovely apartment. There's also a beach in Barcelona so you could do it all there.

libbii Sat 09-Jan-16 10:44:27

Palafrugel. Beautiful town on the Brava Coast. Amazing restaurants. Particularly gorgeous place where we went, great food, atmosphere, all the tables spill out on to the sound next to the sea. Will have to rack my brains to remember it's name. So if you go there, let me know, and I'll have a good think.

TurnOffTheTv Sat 09-Jan-16 10:49:35

I'd go to Barcelona for the three nights, so much to do, the kids will love it.

bitofabelly Tue 12-Jan-16 15:14:25

Thanks everyone, your suggested towns look fab. Hubbie thinks 3 nights in Barcelona would be better as the rest of our holiday is a mix of campsite and house. Looked and friendly rentals...are they a bit pricey??? Anyone else have recommendations for an apartment or apart hotel in Barcelona. 3 kids so space is a necessity at times!! smile will look at Airbnb as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now