Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone suggest a holiday for us?

(4 Posts)
wobbleinprogress Wed 06-Jan-16 14:34:15

I normally love planning holidays but this year I am struggling to suggest anything which suits. We considered Florida/Miami for a mix of parks and sightseeing for October but now we are limited to last 2weeks of July or first 2 of Aug. We are family of 4, kids are early teens. We like quite active stuff in the past have loved sailing in Greece, hostelling in Scotland, driving in US, and Iceland. We don't like it too hot or lazy and not keen on super luxury or being too socialable! Son is very active but my daughter is more nervous. Up for adventure but husband also wants to relax so not lots of driving. I don't like going back to places we have been to before. Any suggestions considered, budget up to 3k, pref a lot less and happy to book direct rather than a package.

mummymeister Wed 06-Jan-16 16:12:07

Canada on the west coast - Vancouver and the rockies would be perfect for you. pm for more details of the trip that we did. £3K is a pretty unrealistic budget for in effect 4 adults for a 2 week holiday in school summer holidays. you are going to struggle to find anything on this.

wobbleinprogress Wed 06-Jan-16 17:00:46

Sounds worth considering, have done east coast Canada but not west coast. I was thinking shorthaul 1 week, agree budget isn't going to cover 2 weeks longhaul, but for the right holiday could increase budget maybe. Thank you.

wobbleinprogress Wed 06-Jan-16 17:10:56

Sounds worth considering, have done east coast Canada but not west coast. I was thinking shorthaul 1 week, agree budget isn't going to cover 2 weeks longhaul, but for the right holiday could increase budget maybe. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now