Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a holiday... have reached a wall!

(9 Posts)
FilthyRascal Sat 02-Jan-16 21:58:48

I feel like I've looked at so many holidays I've lost track at this point! Perhaps what im looking for is impossible, lovely mumsnetters - please help!

Had quite a stressful year and DH works really really long hours so we just want a really easy stressfree holiday.

Want to go away somewhere with guaranteed sun, properly warm with no / very little risk of rainy days where we are stuck inside trying to entertain 3 fractious dc in a hotel room. I could cope with the odd day or two of rain so we could do a day trip somewhere but no more than that really.

Things to entertain Dc - kids pools and possibly kids clubs

Nice beach

We were looking at the carribean in the easter hols (we have 18th march to 18th april off which makes it a bit cheaper) but they all seem to be quite adult focussed with very few things to do for the dc.

Cant seem to find anywhere else with the weather at easter which means we are looking at the summer hols. Doesnt seem to be a massive price difference between carribean at easter and europe in the summer really.

Would like 2 weeks and max budget of 4k. Does that sound doable? I dont know if I've just confused myself by looking at too many options! Throwing myself on the mercy of mumset now as I've hit the holiday searching wall grin

mouldycheesefan Sun 03-Jan-16 09:36:10

Canary Islands?
Mauritius?

ginmakesitallok Sun 03-Jan-16 09:39:24

We went to menorca last year - it was lovely

defineme Sun 03-Jan-16 09:42:50

Easter on your budget with definite sun and kids clubs would have to be canaries i would say. What are the kids ages? Assuming preschool?

defineme Sun 03-Jan-16 09:50:50

If you put those details into thomas cook you get lots of under budget options in the canary islands with kids clubs/sea view/even all inclusive and high trip advisor rating.

FilthyRascal Sun 03-Jan-16 12:31:41

Thanks flowers

Are canaries guaranteed sun at Easter? It seems to only say 19c on all the holiday weather sites which isn't really very hot!
Any canaries recommendations?
Could also do any time in the regular summer holidays we just don't have any non school holiday time then..

Is it cheaper to go to the canaries at Easter or is it the same in summer holidays generally?

Kids are 6 3 and 1 though they all have June birthdays so if we go summer they will all be a year older and we will have to pay for ds on the flight confused

Whatdoidohelp Sun 03-Jan-16 14:01:42

Middle East without a doubt. Flights aren't that long. Not much time difference. Little to no rain. Look at Abu Dhabi

loopsngeorge Sun 03-Jan-16 17:31:35

Have a look at coconut bay in St Lucia. It gets good reviews on here and TripAdvisor and has loads for kids. Also a five minute transfer from airport. We booked Feb half term for just under 4k for the four of us.
I've been to lanzarote at easter and had no rain, but the pools were still very cold.

Ooogetyooo Sun 03-Jan-16 17:49:56

What about a cruise? Royal Caribbean ships very family friendly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now