Advanced search

kids pass port

(8 Posts)
ilovesprouts Thu 31-Dec-15 19:46:57

Hi I'm wanting to go away next year my sons dad and me are divorced now does he have to sign the passport too ??

meditrina Thu 31-Dec-15 19:49:09

No, only the applicant has to sign, which will be you on behalf of the child.

You will need to fill in his details on the form though (they ask for both parents).

ilovesprouts Thu 31-Dec-15 19:55:03

Thank you smile

LadyWithLapdog Thu 31-Dec-15 19:57:12

From the subject title I had an image of kids sat round a table passing the port to their left smile

Toffeelatteplease Thu 31-Dec-15 20:03:04

You need their Dads passport number. Exh will not provide so I generally have to send a covering letter. Much easier if you have the passport number

ilovesprouts Fri 01-Jan-16 09:24:47

My ex hubby does not have a passport.

apostropheuse Fri 01-Jan-16 22:43:33


I just wanted to point out that although you can get a passport without his permission you do need his permission to take your child out of the country because he also has parental rights and responsibilities. However, if you have a residence order then you can take the child out for up to 28 days without his permission. Have a look at this:

I'm not sure how strictly this is enforced to be honest.

ilovesprouts Sat 02-Jan-16 15:38:48

They is nothing from the courts to say how has how many days etc when we split ex hubby had him fri-Monday.but he moved to Cheshire in 2014 and only seen his son four times since then,my new partner lives with me now and we have gave him lots of chancers but he's messed up again etc sending my fella abusive voice msg and saying he's gonna smack his teeth in.ive had nothing but bother from them both since 2014.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now