Talk

Advanced search

Sani

(9 Posts)
Joneseygirl77 Thu 31-Dec-15 07:11:38

We're planning on going away early Sept (after the schools have gone back) for a week with 2.5 DD and my parents. We're just want a week in a toddler friendly resort which is a bit more luxurious to cater for my parents. We went to a villa last year and there wasn't much to do for my DD. Thinking a resort will be better as it will have more going on.

Would you recommend Sani? And which hotel would you opt for? Ideally I'd like a suite type room so we don't have to have DD in with us.

StrumpersPlunkett Sat 09-Jan-16 00:04:07

We went to Porto sani Greece a few years ago and it was brill

Joneseygirl77 Sat 09-Jan-16 20:38:41

Thanks. We're looking at either Sani beach hotel or the Sani beach club. My preference is the beach hotel atm. Is it horrendously expensive for drinks etc?

LBOCS2 Sat 09-Jan-16 20:41:34

It's pretty pricey but there's a general shop at the marina which does sell wine etc, so you can do pre- and post-dinner drinks on your balcony.

We went beach club and had a family room, which is basically two bedrooms interconnected via a bathroom. They're all self contained which is nice.

Joneseygirl77 Sat 09-Jan-16 20:50:16

That's good to know. Read a few reports on trip advisor and everyone said it was fab but the drinks were very expensive. Yep we're looking at either a suite or interconnecting rooms as can't cope with DD in with us as no-one sleeps well. Would you recommend it for an active toddler? The villa holiday was nice last year but I feel we need a resort holiday with more going on this year.

Crusoe Sat 09-Jan-16 20:59:02

We went 2 years ago with a VERY active 5 year old (ADHD) and had a fab time. Nice beaches, kids playground, good pools, kids disco, scooter hire. The kids club was awful though, a real scrum at drop of time and they were hopeless with kids with additional needs.
Kids club aside (which is a separate venture to the Sani anyway) we had a great holiday. Pricey but worth it. I can't remember which bit we stayed in but had a room with a big balcony, and a separate living room where ds slept.

Joneseygirl77 Sat 09-Jan-16 21:16:42

Thanks Crusoe that's good to hear. We're not too bothered about the kids club as we wouldn't plan to put DD in it. Just glad to hear that there is lots to do. It's more than we would usually pay for this type of holiday so just want to make sure I make the right choice! Know there are cheaper places out there but some of the look so grim and too child friendly whereas Sani appears to strike the balance of being more luxurious and still good for children.

LBOCS2 Sat 09-Jan-16 23:16:57

The thing which aerated DH most wasn't actually the cost of wine - it was the cost of soft drinks. He'd come back from the bar muttering "SIX Euro for a Coke. Six. And they just poured it from a bottle, I SAW them". It stopped being quite so entertaining after the second day...!

We were there with a 6yo and a 1yo, and they had a fab time. 6yo went in the kids club and had lots of fun, 1yo just bumbled about eating sand (twice. Once I could understand but twice?!). The kids pool is good as well, a good depth.

Joneseygirl77 Sun 10-Jan-16 13:05:33

Oh lord I'd better hope that the DGPs don't come then as my dad will spend the whole holiday moaning! DH doesn't drink anymore due to being a huge health kick since turning 30 so hoping he'll make the most of the nespresso machine in the room to save some money!!

Great all sounds good we're going thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now