Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

First holiday - where to go??

(14 Posts)
winstonina Sat 26-Dec-15 23:12:29

I am looking to go away with my partner and our little boy before I have to go back to work in June (probably May) He will be 10 months by then. Any ideas/ recommendations on where to go that is suitable for baby? Preferably a short flight time ( maybe Spain/Greece/Caneries?) Near a nice beach, swimming pool, easy to get around with buggy. Or maybe even a cheap villa? Any suggestions welcome!

Behooven Sat 26-Dec-15 23:17:55

Menorca is perfect for families, short flight as well.

ceeveebee Sat 26-Dec-15 23:36:13

We went to Majorca with our twins when they were a similar age, pollensa. We went in September but think would be a similar climate in May/June
Or portuagal is also good - algarve - we went to Praia da Luz which was fantastic but there are lots of places on the coast around there
We've tended to go for holiday apartments rather than villas - usually have better facilities such as nicer pools, restaurants etc (but we steer clear of all inclusive as its not really our thing).

BackforGood Sat 26-Dec-15 23:39:24

I was going to say Menorca too smile

wigglesrock Sun 27-Dec-15 08:31:57

I really like Ibiza, our youngest was going from about 4 months old - we usually stay in Santa Eualalia - I prefer AI (3 kids) but when we went when our eldest was young we stayed in apartments.

winstonina Sun 27-Dec-15 17:12:01

Thanks guys! I have actually been to menorca and Ibiza when I was little and from what I can remember I enjoyed them both. Anybody been in mid/late May and remember what the weather had been like?

specialsubject Sun 27-Dec-15 19:17:38

remember to avoid half-term week unless either of you have to be away then. Overpriced and overcrowded, you've got four years before you are stuck with it so avoid.

if you can do early June it is a beautiful time in the Med.

mouldycheesefan Tue 29-Dec-15 08:25:09

Avoid may half term

Onykahonie Tue 29-Dec-15 18:03:29

The Greek Islands are nice in mid-late May, and generally warmer than Spain.
Corfu has several quieter, family-friendly resorts with beautiful beaches.
We also like Alvor in Portugal in low season.

Makemineacabsauv Mon 04-Jan-16 21:09:40

I took DC to Cala n'Bosch in Menorca in mid/late May and weather was lovely.

Manopaws Wed 06-Jan-16 23:48:30

Greeks and Turks all love children so I'd plump for one of them but expext your child to be made a fuss of

Mrsjamesbond911 Wed 13-Jan-16 08:05:23

sorry to bang on but have you not looked at mumsnet reviews. caserio del mirador is the best and its gorgeous and they only take families with babies. its heaven.

Jw35 Wed 13-Jan-16 08:20:51

I took my 9 month old to the costa brava and it was ideal. The h top royal sun hotel in Santa Susanna is right on the beach. Flight 2 hours from London.

1980Mum2013 Thu 14-Jan-16 05:20:22

We took our 10-month old to Spain in mid May a couple of years back to www.cuatrefinques.com. Loved it.
Great place with a really little one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now