Talk

Advanced search

first time holidays without the kids

(4 Posts)
hartmel Fri 18-Dec-15 05:53:30

Anyone here who flew on holidays without their kids for the first time. How did you feel? Did you really relax or where you constantly thinking about them?

My husband surprised me with an all inclusive trip to Cuba,from where I live it is only 5 hour flight. Will be gone for 7 nights.
We have arranged that my kids will be at my moms house..

The reason my husband booked a trip without the kids is because I had 2 kids in 2 years. My oldest is now 2.3 years old and my youngest is 1.2 years old. I didn't know at the beginning after my last pregnancy that I got PND. It was only diagnosed when youngest was 8 month old.. I have it under control now.
Plus I had/have a lot of family drama (both sides) in the last couple years (won't get into details about it)

Anyways I'm excited to relax and spend time with DH but I'm so nervous leaving my kids behind. I know it is just 7 nights but It feels longer. And I miss them now already (they are sleeping next room right now)

Anyone has done this before? Did you enjoy your time at the resort even your kids where home with their grandparent?

It will be the first time for DH and me with out the kids.

wannabestressfree Fri 18-Dec-15 05:56:11

I have had a couple of breaks without the kids. I find its hard to go but once I switch off I love it and you really recharge the batteries. By the end of the week I am ready to come home.
Enjoy it smile

notafanofwinter Fri 18-Dec-15 06:04:25

We've done a couple. The first time I was a bit anxious until we arrived. After that we had a fantastic time, we rang home every evening but other than that we went back to our pre DC relationship; drinking, partying, sleeping & laughing.
Careful though or you'll get the taste wink

hartmel Fri 18-Dec-15 06:32:23

Thanks!

I'm not sure how much it will cost us to call my parents to check on the kids I heard it is not cheap..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now