Talk

Advanced search

eurostar to Brussels

(6 Posts)
salsamummy Sat 12-Dec-15 23:44:46

We are travelling to Cologne next week via Brussels. Wondering how the security is travelling by train as ds 9 is fairly anxious. Presumably things have calmed down a bit. We have a quick change in Brussels.

salsamummy Sun 13-Dec-15 16:31:03

Bump

YeOldeTrout Sun 13-Dec-15 17:07:51

I went for business the week between Paris attacks & Brussels crackdown. It felt like ordinary security to me, I doubt any different. I imagine U could ring to ask if anything extra.

They don't check for your water or toothpaste, bliss!

salsamummy Mon 14-Dec-15 21:01:18

Thank you. Hopefully the trip will be uneventful.

Allinafankle Wed 16-Dec-15 21:48:09

I'm just back from doing that journey at the weekend. If you know Brussels Midi and usually use the "couloir sud" corridor to change between Eurostar and Thalys / ICE platforms ... well you can't! There were a lot more security and armed police in the station and you have restricted access to the Thalys platforms. There are extra ticket and passport checks by the waiting rooms (and random bag searches but we only saw one man being stopped) and once you're through they won't let you back into the main bit of the station so if you want drinks, snacks etc, get them first.
I know I've made it sound dreadful but it honestly wasn't! I felt safer than I normally do there. Enjoy.

salsamummy Wed 23-Dec-15 17:03:16

Well everything went amazingly well. Not sure what I was so anxious about. Would definitely travel by train again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now