Talk

Advanced search

Eurodisney would you still go?

(26 Posts)
Scottishgymnast Mon 23-Nov-15 19:57:20

We have booked to go to Disneyland Paris over New Year and stay in the Disneyland Hotel. In light of recent events would you still go?

NecklessMumster Mon 23-Nov-15 20:00:38

Yes, of course.

MaryPoppinsPenguins Mon 23-Nov-15 20:01:47

The security at Disneyland is really good! I had my bag checked and walked through more checkpoints there than I did getting on the Eurostar ;)

Go, it'll be amazing smile

westcountrywoman Mon 23-Nov-15 20:06:41

Yes (in fact I'm due to go next month and absolutely will blooming well go and enjoy it).

Security is exceptionally high there (bags are scanned etc).

NecklessMumster Mon 23-Nov-15 20:09:37

Statistically risks are miniscule. To beat terrorism we all need to carry on as normal

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 23-Nov-15 21:20:36

Yes I would go there.

itsmeohlord Mon 23-Nov-15 21:21:55

No, never. Ever

Scottishgymnast Mon 23-Nov-15 22:05:54

I've been before so do know what those of you that have mentioned security mean. I'm just unsure whether I will spend the entire time on edge.

PavlovtheCat Mon 23-Nov-15 22:06:22

yes.

OddlyLogical Mon 23-Nov-15 22:27:00

When you are there, you won't give it a second thought - Go!

SilverdaleGlen Tue 24-Nov-15 08:48:53

I'd be on edge. No point denying it. But pps are right that way they win. So yes I'll be going to Disney again one day.

PavlovtheCat Tue 24-Nov-15 12:14:04

my thinking is. We can't just stay indoors waiting for something to happen. If something else is going to happen, it could be anywhere in Europe.

What happened was horrific, and it has definitely made me slightly less excited about going to Paris over the christmas period, but less about feeling anxious, more about me being there having a wonderful time, amidst a city that is still in shock, mourning, and in a state of emergency.

Hundreds of thousands/millions of Parisians were not caught up in this appalling attack. So, I feel, that on balance, the risk to me and my family of going to Disneyland Paris, is not significantly greater than it was before the bastards acted.

I do think however, that had my trip not been booked already, I might just have stayed at home indoors!

curriegirl Tue 24-Nov-15 17:48:04

Was there at the weekend. Never crossed my mind the whole time I was there. We had a great time.

NecklessMumster Tue 24-Nov-15 17:50:28

I think the bag search is to make sure you aren't smuggling in food so you have to eat their overpriced horrible food though

curriegirl Tue 24-Nov-15 18:09:12

You can take food in with you though. Just not a huge picnic basket full! We go with snacks, drinks and sandwiches.

Fairylea Tue 24-Nov-15 18:14:30

I wouldn't go at the moment, no. Too much of a target.

WhittlingIhopMonkey Tue 24-Nov-15 20:54:34

Another in the no camp here. We have France booked for next year and right now don't plan on travelling.

Risks are small but when it comes to my kids I'd rather they were zero than almost zero smile

Lachattequrit Tue 24-Nov-15 22:38:58

I've just come back from Belgium with my DS. We had a great time. There's never zero risk anywhere.
If you take that attitude you'd never go anywhere or do anything. I'm not afraid of the world and I won't teach my son to be either. smile

curriegirl Wed 25-Nov-15 06:35:16

There is risk no matter where you go so Paris or London or even the seaside in the UK.

Fairylea Wed 25-Nov-15 07:43:34

Hmmm I would say the risk is significantly less at somewhere like a remote beach in Norfolk for example than Disneyland or somewhere else in Paris etc. I don't think it's reasonable to say the same level of risk applies everywhere. While I can see the sentiment behind saying terrorism shouldn't change what we do, I don't want my family to be the guinea pigs for testing that theory out.

atticusclaw2 Wed 25-Nov-15 07:46:13

The Disney searches are pretty good (and you can take as much food and rink in with you as you like).

Floralnomad Wed 25-Nov-15 07:50:28

Well I'm currently sitting in the Disneyland Hotel , we came out on Sunday and it never crossed my mind to cancel , we have been dozens of times before and no how good the security is . We drove and security has definitely been tightened up at the tunnel and there are armed police at the French tolls . The parks are quiet although was busy Sunday afternoon and I think that's a lot to do with time of year as much as security worries as we have been in December lots of times and always found it quiet during the week .

curriegirl Wed 25-Nov-15 08:06:35

Morning Flora. I was in the pink palace last week and loved it. As you say, weekdays are fairly quiet and weekends really busy. Hope it's dried out. Friday and Saturday were really wet.

specialsubject Wed 25-Nov-15 10:42:54

not going to Disney means you won't get hurt/killed at Disney.

no such thing as zero risk. 1775 people killed on UK roads in 2014. Anyone never use the roads because of this?

Floralnomad Wed 25-Nov-15 14:09:48

We have only had one wet day and that was Tuesday so not too bad .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now