Talk

Advanced search

Any tips for a cheap as possible holiday in school holidays?

(6 Posts)
sky1010 Sun 22-Nov-15 14:19:13

It's my first time wanting to book an all-inclusive beach holiday as a teacher, so I am restricted to the school holidays.

Me and DP want to go somewhere hot and all-inclusive, 3 star +. We don't care where we go. We just want to read, swim and drink local beer for a week.

We are looking to go away in the Easter holidays.

Does anyone have any tips for the best time to book, or any particular sites?

holeinmyheart Sun 22-Nov-15 17:59:05

3* Cottiillo Beach Hotel, Cottillo, Feurteventura all inclusive. Three star but the rooms are lovely. About 40 mins from the airport. It is obviously near a beach, it has a games room and Internet access at the reception area. No heated pool.
Or the Marisma at Correlejo. Fuerteventura.it has a heated pool. Great *3 but a bit of a treck to the beach.
If you can afford more then the Rui hotels. They are at Tres Islas and Jandia, Heated pool in the Winter.
Ignore trip advisor adverse comments. Very few apartment/ hotels have heated pools in the Winter. It will be warm at Easter but not boiling. Enough to get a tan though. Best island IMO as it has sandy white beaches.

Or Try Cape Verde, but all carriers know when the Uk school holidays are. Or Owners Direct if you could go SC. El Sultan SC apartments in Correlejo are truly beautiful. Always make sure that you have a owners telephone number. There are scammers about.

mouldycheesefan Sun 22-Nov-15 20:25:40

canaries is prob only option in Europe at easter as many resorts don't open then.

further afield mexico if budget will stretch

Dowser Fri 27-Nov-15 11:17:26

Easter is very high season. I not sure how cheap it will be plus companies often take a three week period as they know schools break before and some break after Easter.

revealall Sat 28-Nov-15 23:56:26

The half term May holidays are a better bet for "hot". By then most of the southern med is warm enough by English standards ( although not boiling). The south of Italy or Spain will be decent enough.

Many families don't like doing a full holiday without a bit of downtime before returning to school, hence end of summer is quieter but Easter quite busy because it's two weeks off.

If you want to go at Easter a shorter city break might work- cheap enough if you fly midweek. An AI holiday will have lots of families...is that what you want if you see children all day at work?

Manopaws Sun 29-Nov-15 14:24:40

Tell me about the prices at easter. just booked flights to the far east and the difference between traveling between the Wednesday and the Thursday before Easter is about £400 per person and that's just the flights! hope the hotels haven't latched on that it's easter (being mainly Budist) but we do hit there new year weekend so prices will be higher.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now