Talk

Advanced search

Where to stay on Lake Constance?

(4 Posts)
Bonywasawarriorwayayix Sun 22-Nov-15 07:45:08

I'd like to take DH and 2yo DS to the German side of Lake Constance next summer as I loved the area when I spent a year in Ravensburg years ago. Can anyone recommend a where to stay with easy access to the lake? We won't have a car. I want to cycle lots, take DS to the beach and generally be outside as much as possible.
I like the look of some of the camp sites but would they be a bit 'must join in'? And how would we find a good one?

CheshireSplat Sun 22-Nov-15 10:39:23

Hi.

We went to Lake Constance for 3 nights in the summer. We couldn't get into our first couple of choices because we weren't staying for a week.

We stayed at camping Goren am see on the Eastern side of the lake.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend it, having not seen any others. It depends what you're looking for. From a plus point it's on the lake (clue's in the name!) so there is a beach and fab swimming. It's a massive massive site (with lots of static vans) with all the pros and cons. Cons being impersonal, there was a big group of men who were noisy in the camping part, but we just camped away from them. Pros - fantastic children's bathroom which DD (3) loved, small soft play area for wet days, restaurants (Inc takeaway pizza).

The campsite seemed tagged onto the rest of the site and was a bit of a walk from the toilets. Pm me if you'd like any more information. There was a pretty small town near by but can't remember its name!

CheshireSplat Sun 22-Nov-15 10:47:36

PS I've just reread your OP. It's also on a really nice cycle route.

mouldycheesefan Sun 22-Nov-15 20:24:28

we stayed in Konstanz and I would not recommend it. Oppressive heat (august), mosquitos very bad, murkiness in the lake making it unappealing to swim in and an 'old people's feel to the place. to escape the heat we went to one of the Austrian towns for the day via Switzerland and that was fresher.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now