Talk

Advanced search

Hayulp, hayulp! Brittany short break in August

(7 Posts)
Apathyisthenewblah Wed 18-Nov-15 14:17:32

or might I just as well look for a Unicorn shitting rainbows?

We are planning to fly to Brittany and hire a car as we will be spending about a week staying with friends on Brittany/Normandy border. Before that we would like a few (3/4) nights on the coast - can anyone recommend apartments/gites which will take short bookings in what is the highest of high seasons? it will be me, DH, DD and my mum and possibly 2 friends (a couple).

No joy so far on my trawls of the internet!

mummymeister Wed 18-Nov-15 17:40:02

because most places in August will only take a full week. firm up the numbers then have a look at air b and b to see what apartments are on there. you might have to pay for the full week tbh. good luck.

Apathyisthenewblah Wed 18-Nov-15 17:42:28

I wondered that - it may still be cheaper to book a week in a gite than 4 nights in a hotel!
I'll try air bnb, thanks.

jenpetronus Wed 18-Nov-15 21:14:27

If you manage to find somewhere that will accept a part-week booking in August you have to ask yourself why!! However, you should have no trouble finding a Chambre d'hote for a few nights. If you are interested in the area I know (near Vannes on the South coast) I can happily recommend a couple of places.

Apathyisthenewblah Thu 19-Nov-15 11:00:03

good point Jen! I think a chambre d'hote might work but I've only stayed in them pre-children!
I think we are planning to stay further north between St Malo and the granite coast as that is where I went as a child and we are doing a bit of a blast from the past tour.

jenpetronus Thu 19-Nov-15 17:46:18

I don't know that area too well sadly, but a quick search on Trip Advisor should throw up a few options?

Flossiesmummy Thu 19-Nov-15 17:59:19

Have a look on cheznous.fr - it's a great little website that my folks use to let out their property. Loads of lovely places.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now