Talk

Advanced search

Benidorm...what to pack in January?

(13 Posts)
Dowser Fri 13-Nov-15 09:57:30

Is it worth taking sun dresses, swim wear.

Going towards end of month.

mimbleandlittlemy Fri 13-Nov-15 14:05:39

This is quite a useful summary. Sun dresses - probably not:

*Averages for Benidorm in January

Weather lowdown

January is the coldest time of the year to visit Benidorm, Spain, when the average temperature is a cool 11°C. During this month the resort experiences highs of up to 15°C, cooling down to 6°C after dark. Although it might be a bit too cold to spend a day at the beach, the sea temperature is a mild 15°C and there are approximately seven hours of sunshine each day. With an average of 11 rainy days throughout the month, it’s likely that you’ll experience a shower or two during your stay.

Indeed, the months of December, January and February are generally stormier and windier than other months. However, this is not enough to ruin your holiday and although it is wintertime, these months are still warmer than other resort locations and so Benidorm remains a popular tourist attraction all year round, subsequently, hotels stay quite full even during the winter months.

Occasionally the temperature gets very low for a few days during the winter, but it never reaches freezing.*

Dowser Fri 13-Nov-15 14:35:35

Hmmm! I went 40 years ago about jan3-10 and remember going in the pool as long as it was between about 12-2 pm.

Then come about 3-4 I was piling on all the layers. I wondered if it was still like that or maybe I was a tough young bird then.

I'll take a sun dress or two, heck they take no room and one bikini just in case
It'll be nice just having the longer days. A mild temp means we can get out and about for somenicelong walks.

Looking forward to it. Its been 18 years and hopefully my Spanish will be much improved by then

Bunbaker Fri 13-Nov-15 23:19:55

I think swimwear and sundresses is being a little optimistic. I would be taking jeans, T- shirts and jumpers.

Dowser Sat 14-Nov-15 22:29:34

Thanks. Will take lots of layers.

Manopaws Sun 15-Nov-15 16:36:32

Paracetamol for the hangover. And don't miss sticky Vicky show its great

Dowser Mon 16-Nov-15 10:19:16

Is she still doing it????

Incredulous face on!

BarbaraofSeville Wed 18-Nov-15 10:31:01

Her daughter does it now doesn't she?

DP and I keep meaning to go somewhere near Benidorm and then go there for a day or two to experience it briefly. The beaches and old town are supposed to be very nice.

Manopaws Sun 13-Dec-15 20:34:50

I wish that was true no it's still the same Vicki! DD does it once a week to give her mum a rest.

Benidorm is great it has something for everyone. and the nightlife ranges from pissed up stag nights to comedy clubs to full blown shows.

I travel all over the world but still love this place

elQuintoConyo Sun 13-Dec-15 20:38:18

It'll be cold. Take a coat. If you want heat: Canaries.

I wouldn't count on hot enough weather for t-shirts, let alone a bikini! (I'm a bit further north, on the coast).

DamedifYouDo Thu 17-Dec-15 17:48:14

We went to Alicante a couple of years ago in January - cold at night and first thing in the morning but warm enough to sit out in the sun with a t shirt for a few hours in the middle of the day but the temperature drops fast as the sun goes down. It was like a fresh UK spring day. The local Spanish were walking around in warm coats while the Brits were in t shirts / shorts!!!

Dowser Thu 17-Dec-15 23:49:55

Thanks Damned.
Doing the canaries in march. This is just a cheapie.

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Thu 17-Dec-15 23:58:23

We went to southern Spain last jan it was nice enough for shorts a couple of days, jeans, t-shirts and cardigans the rest of the time. Cold at night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now