Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a London hotel

(11 Posts)
perrita Wed 11-Nov-15 13:44:38

DH and I are planning a trip on the 28th December for two nights to London and I need some help with hotels! We can spend up to about £180 per night. We were going to stop at Hilton Tower Bridge which was £132 per night but hotel has booked up. Somewhere fairly central.

Any recommendations or help would be amazing, thanks!

CMOTDibbler Wed 11-Nov-15 13:48:37

I recently stayed at the Premier Inn Bank (Tower) and it was really quiet and very convenient

tribpot Wed 11-Nov-15 13:51:10

I like the Grange St Paul's. You can find it within your budget (although possibly not so close to Christmas) listed as a mystery hotel on lastminute.com. It has a pool, which is the big attraction for my 10-year-old, and it's very comfortable, the staff are lovely and there are loads of restaurants nearby. I also much prefer to stay in the City of London (rather than further west) as it's quieter and less rammed to the gills with tourists. Not that St Paul's and the Millennium Footbridge don't get their share but it's a lot nicer than the West End and points west.

blobbityblob Wed 11-Nov-15 13:51:44

Not particularly special but found them clean and fine, we've stayed at the Premier Inn County Hall and the Travelodge Waterloo. Both quite well located to get around.

HermioneWeasley Wed 11-Nov-15 13:52:49

Another vote for premier inn. I recently stayed at their Aldgate one which has just been refurbished and it was lovely

tribpot Wed 11-Nov-15 14:12:10

Yep, can't go wrong with a Premier Inn. I've stayed at the one just by the Tower of London (we saw the poppies first thing in the morning before anyone else was around, which was magical) - two thumbs up.

3catsandcounting Wed 11-Nov-15 16:31:41

The Premier Inn at Borough Market is lovely - small, and in a quiet courtyard and right on the Thames (and Vinopolis is over the road!) smile

nmg85 Thu 12-Nov-15 14:14:06

Citizen M? Near London Bridge is nice but only if you like modern hotels.

mrsmortis Thu 12-Nov-15 16:10:22

Just the other side of the River is the Doubletree by Hilton at the Tower of London. I've stayed there quite a lot for work and I've liked it. It has the same sort of modern feel that the Hilton Tower Bridge has.

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Thu 12-Nov-15 16:42:22

Grange Hotel at Tower Hill and there's another at St Pauls

Premier Inn Aldgate. Never been there but it's the one in the Lenny Henry "It's a Wonderful Life" adverts

London Bridge Hotel. Right beside the station so well located and I know lots of people who have stayed and enjoyed it.

Guoman Hotel. It's vast though.

Threadneedles Hotel if you want to push the boat out. Best deal is £169 for those dates on their website but almost sold out apparently. It's lovely but doesn't have a spa or pool or stuff like that.
www.hotelthreadneedles.co.uk/

DragonRojo Sun 15-Nov-15 09:02:15

The Kensington Close hotel has got good prices for those days. The location is very good. I have stayed there a couple of times with work and the rooms were nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now