Talk

Advanced search

where have you been in the easter holidays and how was the weather?

(9 Posts)
Missanneshirley Fri 06-Nov-15 21:03:58

Dh and I both have jobs with fixed leave periods and they very rarely coincide, but for once we are both off for 2 weeks in April 2016. Money is not plentiful but I am determined to get away. Kids 8 and 4 - where should we go? !
I'm starting to think that chasing some sun might put the cost out of our reach. I was looking at eurocamp etc - maybe Italy or south of France but not sure if the pools would be unusable?

Awks Fri 06-Nov-15 21:08:39

I think that Italy and France might be too cold to swim outside but some do have indoor pools. Been to Tenerife, Lanzarote, Sharm and Barbados at Easter and weather best in Barbados (obv) but Tenerife and Lanzarote are both nice and sunny. We're going to Tenerife again next Easter so fingers crossed.

We just get cheapest flights to the canaries and buy an apartment separately - no frills and it's not horrendously expensive either.

Missanneshirley Fri 06-Nov-15 21:11:56

Thanks for your reply - do you use owners direct?

SecretSquirr3ls Sat 07-Nov-15 15:33:40

A couple of years ago we went to Lanzarote at Easter, stayed in a 4* hotel. DH and I had been to Canaries all year round before DC but probably didn't focus on pool.
DC were 14/16 and used to summer beach and pool holidays in the Med. It was much too cold for them. The pool was so cold they were blue after a few minutes. It was sunny but by no means scorching.
If I did it again I would make sure it was a proper heated pool (not just "acclimatised"), and with an indoor pool.

We went to Sardinia last Easter. It was a beautiful country but not many places were open as it was out of season and the sea was far too cold to go in.

Watching with interest for alternative ideas...

HainaultViaNewburyPark Sat 07-Nov-15 15:46:36

The Algarve? Quite a few places have indoor pools (the outdoor ones are a bit chilly at that time of year).

Missanneshirley Sat 07-Nov-15 17:55:28

Oh goodness it's sounding like a cold swimming holiday wherever we go! I wondered about duirerell or whatever you call it in Holland - so there is day tripping available, and I guess indoor pools, but worried it's like Butlins!

mummymeister Sat 07-Nov-15 18:33:10

to be certain it is going to be warm enough to swim in the sea or outdoor pool at easter then you have to be looking at quite far afield. you might get lucky and find somewhere that is Ok in Europe but it is risky. assume it is school holidays as you have an 8 yr old (or maybe you are taking him/her out of school?) in which case you need to book soon and also be aware that everything is much more expensive in school hols. would start by using the accuweather website and looking at different places you fancy to work out how warm it is likely to be.

Missanneshirley Sat 07-Nov-15 21:11:38

Sadly it's me who has to stick to school hols! Otherwise I'd have no qualms about taking them out. In Scotland tho, I don't know if ours are the same time as England? We take 1st 2 weeks in April

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now