Talk

Advanced search

Canary Islands January

(8 Posts)
Sarahhkirkwood Fri 06-Nov-15 17:43:44

Hello
Need some winter sun with short flights so thinking Canary Islands. 18 month old boy. Looking for somewhere with heated pool, option of suite (ie separate room and lounge) or self catering, walking distance to marina/shops (ie not remote). Any recommendations?
Thanks
Sarah

mummymeister Sat 07-Nov-15 18:39:56

last year canary islands were 18 - 22 degrees in January. not sure how warm you are looking for but not sure at this temp it would be warm enough for an 18 month old to swim in an outdoor pool. remember many of these places say heated pool but what they mean is solar heat so if there isn't much sun or the air temp is cold at night then it is way too cold for you to swim in. FIL goes away regularly in Feb/March and says it is too cold to swim and he is pretty hardy. if you want proper warm with swimming outside then you need to go further afield than this.

7to25 Sat 07-Nov-15 18:48:33

Jar dines de nirvana in Costa Adeje, Tenerife. Pool heated properly.

rookiemere Sun 08-Nov-15 10:22:50

Canary Islands will be pleasant but not overly warm at that time of year. Iberostar Anthelia in tenerife would fit the bill, they have suite rooms with an upstairs and downstairs and they can put a cot in downstairs. Out of our range price wise these days though.

Or Hotel Isabel in Tenerife is recommended although I haven't stayed - they have apartments rather than hotel rooms and pool is warm - I went to have a look and put my finger in the pool to test !

Dowser Fri 13-Nov-15 09:55:32

La siesta PDlA if you want Tobe smack inthe centre of thing. Lovely pool. Children's club. Entertainment.

We all went home singing chi chi ua !

Can't fault it. Half board. Food good. Less than 5 mins to beach. Traffic calmed road outside of hotel.

We were there in sept. kids had an amazing time. Walked past it on Tuesday ...sob!

Manopaws Sun 15-Nov-15 16:50:37

Just got back from fueturventura yesterday it was about 27c most days and 22c at night almost thought about putting a long sleeved shirt on once. But there were many Germans there doing the free willy thing so couldn't have been that cold. Cape Verde is another possability 2 hours further south but a lot more wind

Branleuse Tue 17-Nov-15 13:31:47

we did tenerife in january a few years ago and the temps were between 19 and 23 most days. Perfect winter weather. Youd only know it was winter because the days were shorter

BarbaraofSeville Wed 18-Nov-15 10:29:06

I've been to Tenerife in January and went to Lanzarote in February of another year.

The Tenerife holiday was hot and sunny and we swam in the sea every day. The Lanzarote holiday was last year and they said they had just had the coldest winter they had ever known and it was OK weather but mostly cloudy - the sea was freezing and only tolerable in wet suits.

Playa Blanca Lanzarote is lovely though, with lots of self catering 2 bed bungalow complexes or hotels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now