Talk

Advanced search

Cape Verde ? on my own !!

(9 Posts)
thewookieswife Fri 06-Nov-15 13:35:28

Hi - am heading to Cape Verde on my own for a week of winter sunshine ... ie no hubby no kids total relaxation holiday break ... Getting cold feet a little now !! As am wondering if I'll be ok on my own ? Anyone been ? Is it safe for a lady on her own ?
Tell me I'm being a wally and I'll be fine !!!!
TIA

SueDunome Fri 06-Nov-15 13:42:19

We've been to Sal this summer. Our experience was that within the hotel complexes everything was fine but, outside you ate constantly pestered by locals asking you to buy their wares / visit their shop / take their trip etc. They are all very friendly and polite, but they don't take no for an answer, so you have to be really firm.
Aside from that, the Cape Verde beaches are beautiful and unspoilt, but there isn't a lot else to do there, so perfect if you just want to relax by the pool. Enjoy.

SueDunome Fri 06-Nov-15 13:44:20

*are

thewookieswife Fri 06-Nov-15 15:03:27

Thanks ! I thought it might be along those lines - planning on reading by the pool or on the beach ! Probably won't leave the hotel grounds !! I'm not very good at saying 'no' !!

Manopaws Sun 15-Nov-15 19:32:36

If you do go out leave your money in the hotel simple

Manopaws Sun 15-Nov-15 19:38:10

Nice place but yes not a lot out of the hotel a 1 day sightseeing will do the whole island of sol trip prices are the same everywhere so don't worry about getting ripped off. Guys in local town try to sell you stuff but it's the same stuff in all the shops.

thewookieswife Fri 20-Nov-15 11:53:01

I'm actually looking forward to it now !!

TheFairyCaravan Fri 20-Nov-15 11:57:12

DH and I went to Boa Vista with no kids. I have never been so relaxed in all my life. I'm disabled so can't manage on my own, but if I wasn't I would go alone.

Load your Kindle up/take lots of books and stay in the hotel/on the beach and you will be fine. I am so jealous. envy

curiousc88t Sat 21-Nov-15 00:02:11

Beaches lovely yellow soft sand

It is windy, take warmer clothes for the evenings

Take plenty to read with you

The hotel can book some trips or sports or activities for you to do eg sailing, horse riding, buggy ride

Enjoy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now