Talk

Advanced search

Holiday suggestions please...

(28 Posts)
Madblondedog Tue 03-Nov-15 11:18:13

So for the past few years we've done a summer holiday with Neilson, next year the prices are insane so we're thinking we should do something different but I have no idea what. When we're on holiday with Neilson we tend to do the biking, wakeboarding and dip in and out of the other watersports.

We enjoy being active but also having some time to relax and I like warmer weather but would consider anywhere.

Holidays we've done other than Neilson which we've enjoyed have been
A mini break in London
New York
Skiiing
Centre Parcs

Any suggestions much appreciated

timeforabrewnow Tue 03-Nov-15 11:20:41

We've always enjoyed caravanning in North Wales or Scotland - lovely for a winter break

timeforabrewnow Tue 03-Nov-15 11:28:44

or summer

Madblondedog Tue 03-Nov-15 11:28:51

I love Scotland and I think we might do a week up there staying with friends next year too.

nmg85 Tue 03-Nov-15 17:48:51

Iceland? Great for activities and in summer can be warmer then you think.

Madblondedog Tue 03-Nov-15 18:44:09

What sort of things are there to do?

nmg85 Tue 03-Nov-15 18:53:03

Whale watching, thermal baths, horse riding, activities eg quad biking, kayaking etc, waterfalls, geysers, hikes, glaciers, ice cave walks

Madblondedog Tue 03-Nov-15 20:09:27

Ooooh I like the sound of all of that!!!

Thank you for the suggestion smile

LIZS Tue 03-Nov-15 20:11:05

Summer break in the Alps ?

Madblondedog Tue 03-Nov-15 21:38:04

I was considering the alps but I thought it was mainly mountain biking (which I do enjoy but not sure about it being the focus of the holiday)

nmg85 Tue 03-Nov-15 21:45:07

No problem, any other questions just ask.

Only1scoop Tue 03-Nov-15 21:46:50

West coast of Ireland stunning wild and beaches are beautiful.

LIZS Tue 03-Nov-15 22:04:14

Yes there's mountain biking but also lots of other activities to try - climbing, hiking, summer skiing, summer toboggan runs, mountain scooters, sledding on glacier, high ropes, zip wires, swimming in mountain lakes, canyoning, white water rafting, paragliding ....

Madblondedog Tue 03-Nov-15 22:52:17

Ooooh the alps sound fun too

nmg85 can you recommend any particular company to book this through

LIZS is there any particular country in the alps you suggest?

nmg85 Wed 04-Nov-15 06:41:52

I always book the different aspects myself so never used any of the companies myself however I think their is a company called Iceland pro and also discover the world. Booking yourself would probably be cheaper and is very simple in Iceland

Madblondedog Wed 04-Nov-15 08:40:41

OK I will have a look into that this weekend. As a rough guess how much would you say a 1 week stay would cost?

I'm very excited about these ideas

Twinkie1 Wed 04-Nov-15 08:47:54

We went to Mauritius last year for 10 days for what a 7 day break in Europe would cost. All inclusive, all water sports and biking too. Was lovely and weather was about 26-30 in August which was much more bearable than some places in Europe which were too hot.

DH books through a guy at e-shores and they are really good at tailoring your holiday and getting the best deals.

putcustardonit Wed 04-Nov-15 08:53:01

I came on to say Mauritius.
We did a few activity med holidays with the teens but found we could do a luxury 5*AI in Mauritius for the same price.
Unlimited waterskiing, tennis lessons, golf all included.
Grim 12 hour flight though.

Madblondedog Wed 04-Nov-15 09:39:16

Oh, another brilliant idea to look in to.

Thanks smile

nmg85 Wed 04-Nov-15 10:24:45

It would depend when you would be looking to go and what type pf accommodation and whether you stayed in the same area or did a multi centre stay. Also depends if you want to hire a car or do day trip tours.

Madblondedog Wed 04-Nov-15 16:52:42

OK thanks, will look into it smile

Manopaws Sun 15-Nov-15 19:42:20

Thialand everything you need. £600 for flights hotels start at £5 a night per person food lovely and cheap as chips

hattiebourn Mon 16-Nov-15 16:29:35

Check out www.bournsisters.com for our lifestyle post about traveling with babies! It can be so daunting! Talking about my experience of traveling short haul and long haul and my top tips! Hope it can be of some help to you on your first family holidays! X

mouldycheesefan Tue 17-Nov-15 20:29:37

hi we have done plenty neilsons and always had a great time but cost since children started school is prohibitive and so we have switched to long haul.
we have since gone to Mauritius so another vote for that.
also mexico and usa.
all of these have watersports and plenty of sightseeing/adventure stuff if you like zipwiring through the jungle type stuff then mexico good option

Madblondedog Tue 17-Nov-15 21:46:32

I love anything high adrenaline really.

We're not big fans of lying on the beach

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now