Talk

Advanced search

Eurostar with two month old

(4 Posts)
Cornberry Sun 01-Nov-15 19:44:17

I'm taking my 9 week old to France to see my grandma with my mum and sister so I'll have help on the way and there, but I'm dreading the journey as it's a tube-Eurostar-bus-train-tram-walk job and about 9 hours in total. I'm unsure about what to bring and friends are giving me different advice. I'm planning to bring her sleepyhead in a big wheelie suitcase and a sling but she spends so much time in her bouncer chair I'm worried I'll be lost without it. Also unsure about how to transport breast milk for the day if she needs feeding somewhere not convenient to feed. Any advice welcome.

Kennington Sun 01-Nov-15 19:47:31

For BF you can sit in between carriages on the strapontins pull down seats- plenty of space and privacy as it is darker too.
Otherwise I would advise only to take a sling.

PotteringAlong Sun 01-Nov-15 19:50:49

Don't take expressed milk - the beauty of Breastfeeding is that you don't need to take anything else and if it's not convenient to breastfeed and you've only got a sling it's not going to be more convenient to bottle feed.

I wouldn't take the sleepy head either - can you just co sleep whilst you're there? If I was doing it without a car I'd just take sling and enough nappies for the journey and get them to buy nappies etc ready for when you get there.

Cornberry Mon 02-Nov-15 00:04:12

The sleepyhead is useful not just for nighttime though and it's not too heavy. You're probably right about the breast milk. Don't care about people seeing ly boobs! - it's more the logistics of getting them out! Also expressing would mean my mum or sis could feed her if necessary... Not comfortable co sleeping at the moment sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now