Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Skiing in Japan in February as beginners! Any advice?

(4 Posts)
Cathpot Sun 18-Oct-15 16:12:28

We are booking flights to Japan for mid February , we have two weeks to play with and want to spend part of that skiing. Myself and our daughters ( 8 and 10) have never been skiing and will need lessons, my DH can snowboard. I am very excited about going to Japan but also a bit daunted about how difficult it will be to cope with the language issue etc. We are currently living in the Middle East which is why countries further East are now on our holiday radar- I've never considered Japan before and feel completely under- informed. Would really appreciate any advice , including ideas on what other things to do in February as can't imagine we will be skiing for more than a few days, and any useful dos and donts- thanks!

ProjectPerfect Sun 18-Oct-15 16:27:30

It will be really, really tough to find decent accommodation this late in the year, so make sure you sort that before anything else. Powderhounds has lots of useful info on the various resorts.

Cathpot Sun 18-Oct-15 17:01:29

Ok- thanks, that's good to know- I thought we'd be ok for February! I'll start looking this week I was thinking about Hakuba just because I read that the more westernised resorts have instructors who speak English - as 3 of us need lessons. Have you been ?

Cathpot Sun 18-Oct-15 17:04:02

Just had a quick look at powderhounds - looks really useful, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now