Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

hot holiday with swimming courses

(5 Posts)
redcaryellowcar Fri 02-Oct-15 06:14:51

I have a 4 y old ds so this is our last year for a term time holiday before he has to go to school next year, I suddenly struck upon the idea that we might be able to combine a warm holiday with lots of swimming, we could just go somewhere with a nice pool, but I was wondering if there was anywhere we could go where he could have an intensive swim course too? He's not super confident in new situations, although fine in water, so I suspect we need somewhere that either parents get in too or do private lessons with a degree of flexibility. Any help gratefully received?

exLtEveDallas Fri 02-Oct-15 06:41:27

Any First Choice Holiday Village. They do swimming lessons and they always seem well attended. Go 'in season' but outside school holidays and it won't be as busy.

Hersetta427 Fri 02-Oct-15 16:10:37

Agreed any first choice holiday village has 2 qualified swim coaches per location. you can either have group lessons (up to 6 per class but often less) of 5 x 30 min sessions for £30 or private lessons are £15 per 30 mins.

The coaches are excellent. my 3 yr old went from swimming perhaps 2 meters to 12 meters by himself in one private lesson.

Only thing I would say is if you want to spend a lot of time in the water go as late as you can before the schools break us as the water can be chilly until at least mid summer (especially if you are going to spend a length of time in the water).

Hersetta427 Fri 02-Oct-15 16:40:08

Meant to say we have been to 5 different HV's so am happy to make recommendations.

NewBallsPlease00 Sat 17-Oct-15 18:13:58

Holiday village swim team taught my 4yo to swim in 2 days...one to one lessons about 18 e per half HR and so good
A week after we got back he swam 100m in local pool !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now