Milk

(11 Posts)
Julieb85 Sat 26-Sep-15 17:57:59

We're off on our first holiday with DS in a few weeks and for some reason I'm stressing about his milk! He still gets milk before bed and we'd defo keep this up whilst we're away in Lanzarote. I was wondering if the cows milk is safe for him or if I should take follow on formula instead??

PotteringAlong Sat 26-Sep-15 19:24:43

The cows milk will be fine. Why would it not be safe?

whatsagoodusername Sat 26-Sep-15 19:46:23

Cows milk should be fine. Although possibly inconvenient to get hold of? Maybe take some formula along as a back up?

Bunbaker Sat 26-Sep-15 19:48:55

Can you even get fresh cow's milk in Lanzarote? Won't it all be UHT?

Julieb85 Sat 26-Sep-15 22:13:42

I have no idea! I'm assuming you can, but wasn't sure if it was processed in the same way as here...

Thanks!

Bunbaker Sat 26-Sep-15 23:03:48

There are no cows on Lanzarote so the milk is flown in from Spain. From what I have read on the internet the milk is often on the turn when you buy it and goes off very quickly. It is also expensive.

Hoppinggreen Sun 27-Sep-15 19:14:37

It can be hard to get fresh milk in Spain and the islands are even harder. It's mostly UHT which is perfectly safe but tastes a bit different.

fruitpastille Sun 27-Sep-15 19:29:46

If it's only for a week I would pack ready made cartons of formula. Even in France you have to go to big supermarkets if you want fresh milk so I imagine lanzarote won't be any better.

McFarts Sun 27-Sep-15 19:32:58

Buy cartons from Boots at the Airport, that way it wont count as part of your luggage allowance.

Siennasun Sun 27-Sep-15 22:26:25

We are going to Lanzarote in a few weeks too smile
I'll give DS UHT cows milk. It's perfectly safe. You can get fresh milk there too.

Julieb85 Mon 28-Sep-15 20:53:43

Thanks everyone!
He's very particular about his milk so I'll get some follow on formula this week and try it out. Fingers crossed he's fine and we'll just arrange to pick it up at airport!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now