Talk

Advanced search

Any experiences of Monolithos, Santorini?

(4 Posts)
CowPatRoberts Sun 30-Aug-15 22:36:00

I'm looking to go in a couple of weeks, I've found a gorgeous apartment but I'm slightly concerned it's not a great place to be if you're not driving. The few titbits of info I've found seem to contradict itself; half seem to think the nearby mini mart is fab whereas others say it's the basic essentials. Any help would be appreciated!

AnotherTimeMaybe Fri 04-Sep-15 13:30:16

I've been to santoroni, but not monilithos, and it absolutely stunning but has a very odd configuration ... Everything is on the mountain except for a few places by the beach so you have to find a way to go down the beach if you live in the mountain. Everything is up and down if you know what I mean... Is this far from the main town?

glitch Fri 04-Sep-15 13:43:35

I have been to Santorini and stayed up on the cliff in Imerovigli which was amazing. Not been to Monolithos but make sure there is a bus service to take you to the other side. it would be a shame not to see the views and sunsets from along the Fira to Oia side.

Would you be happy to hire a quad bike or little buggy whilst you are there? They really are everywhere and quite safe on the roads, you can get to see the whole island really easily then.

AnotherTimeMaybe Fri 04-Sep-15 14:15:25

Yes I stayed at Imerovigli as well (a while back though ) in a fantastic apartment opposite the volcano and very close to the town about 5 mins bus ride
Island is stunning!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now