Talk

Advanced search

Taking a 3 month old on holiday-help!

(8 Posts)
Lucyh52 Fri 28-Aug-15 16:44:48

We have booked our holiday to Kos next year and I have just found out I'm pregnant. All being well, baby will be about 3 months old when we are due to go so I am looking for any advice,hints and tips of what to do, take, expect, avoid, etc...?hmm

SooticaTheWitchesCat Fri 28-Aug-15 20:17:02

It's much easier to take a young baby than a toddler smile

I took my baby to Turkey when she was 8 weeks and she was fine.

Make sure you have baby sun cream and a canopy for the buggy, and if you can get some insect repellent suitable for babies as there are mozzies in Kos.

Which part are you going to?

Lucyh52 Fri 28-Aug-15 21:54:18

Kardamena. Any travel pram recommendations?

Mrscog Sat 29-Aug-15 12:30:19

Very easy to take them away at that age, especially if you're breastfeeding. You just need to take their clothes, nappies and a sling and or pushchair. Keep them out of the sun, and hopefully if you get one who naps in the day you and your DP will be able to have some relaxation time too which you really won't get the year after with a 15 month old

Runandbecome Sat 29-Aug-15 12:35:56

Get a Maclaren type stroller which you can take to the plane door. Make sure they don't get too hot or dehydrated - you might need to feed them more often. Enjoy chilling out whilst they nap in the shade!

Lucyh52 Sat 29-Aug-15 16:30:22

Good advice, thank you. I'm just a bit dubious about a buggy. We got one for our son when he was 8 months old, but I'm not keen on the idea of having a 3 month old in a buggy. I'll be taking a sling and/or carrier, but I want a good pram that isn't too awkward or heavy.
How easy will it be juggling the 3 month old and a 6 year old, also?

AnotherTimeMaybe Sat 29-Aug-15 16:36:20

With a 6yo things are easy as they do what you say! I had a 2,5 yo and a 3 mo when we went on holiday and then did it again following month and 4 months after!

Other posters gave good suggestions, also make sure you get an organic mosquito repellant and a travel baby chair for baby to sit when you are at the beach etc as buggy can get too hot
Also no alcoholic anti bacterial gel for plane

Enjoy baby and holiday!

Mrscog Sun 30-Aug-15 07:21:13

DS2 is 4 months and I bought him a joie chrome plus pushchair which is a bit of a bugaboo copy but parent faces and lies flat and folds down in 1 piece. You can use it from newborn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now