Talk

Advanced search

Fear of flying

(5 Posts)
40thisisit Thu 13-Aug-15 19:21:52

Just wondered, has any-one conquered their fear of flying. It ruins my holiday whenever we fly (only about every 3 years) but we love Greece and therefore need to fly sad. We have 3 dd's, our eldest and youngest are fine in the air but our middle dd gets so nervous she is physically sick before flying. I know there are several options to try but would please like any recommendations or good tips xx

tribpot Thu 13-Aug-15 19:30:06

I think there was a thread on this recently, it might be worth doing a search. From memory the best options seem to be a course, Virgin do one which looks good.

Do you have a fear of flying too, or is it the stress of your dd's fear? I am not a good flier and I actually find having to pretend to be calm for my ds' sake helpful. Not to mention of course reminding myself that the drive to the airport is way more dangerous (not much use for a child, and anyway last time I went to an airport it was in Venice and we got a boat. Which did in fact break down, so I suppose we could have drowned grin ).

40thisisit Thu 13-Aug-15 20:27:02

Thanks tripot, I'm scared of flying but try to act brave for dd's, will have a look at virgin website x

Gymbob Thu 13-Aug-15 20:49:25

I hate flying, never liked it but I'm definitely worse as I've got older. dh knows but the kids have no idea, they sit there as if they're on a bus. they're desperate to go abroad and I'm desperate to avoid it although I'm making plans now half heartedly to go.

I also can't bear to leave my dog sad

sorry op I was no help at all was i!

nmg85 Fri 14-Aug-15 10:18:44

I had hypnotherapy which got me through an 8 hour flight this year. Considering I hadn't flown more then 3hrs for 16 years and hadn't flown at all for 3 years I am pretty proud. Still will never like flying and don't want to do long haul a lot but at least I have made progress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now