Talk

Advanced search

Majorca- supermarkets

(6 Posts)
DipsoHippo Tue 11-Aug-15 15:16:42

Hiya
We're off to Majorca again shortly, our third trip to S'Arenal area. The last few times we've mainly eaten at the hotel for breakfast, and gone out for dinner, picking up snacks as we need them. This time I want to be a bit more careful/organised due to being on a restricted diet for medical reasons. A week off it won't do me any harm, if we're stuck, but I'd rather stick to it if I can.

This is a long-winded way of asking are there any supermarkets (similar to Aldi/Lidl/Tesco) in the area that we could visit to stock up? When I googled them before, I got a lot of small corner shop-style listings.

If there aren't any, I guess we can go into Palma on day 1 and bring stuff back with us.

noramum Tue 11-Aug-15 21:00:57

There are Lidls around the island, definitely around the North/East coast but I am sure there must be more.

We did twice self catering and manage to find two larger supermarket chains all over the island, one a Carrefour is very near to Palma Airport, we stocked upon arrival and there is virtually everything, think Tesco Superstore, and Eroski is all dotted around, some larger some smaller.

DipsoHippo Tue 11-Aug-15 21:54:54

Thank you noramum

Kent1982 Thu 13-Aug-15 10:37:36

Hi we had a car so went to a huge supermarket but also lidl I think. You won't have any problems even without a car to find grocery stores x I like to have breakfast always in apartment or I'm eating my own arm by the time I get ready.

DipsoHippo Thu 13-Aug-15 10:48:11

Thanks Kent1982 We have a B&B package with the hotel, so I am sure I can have a filling breakfast, and we eat dinner out when we're on holidays anyway. You'd think that I wouldn't need much more than that! I may be over eating thinking!

WorktoLive Tue 18-Aug-15 12:37:56

My favourite Spanish supermarket is Mercadona.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now