Talk

Advanced search

Are flights (for next summer) cheapest when they are first released or do they drop through the year?

(5 Posts)
YoScience Wed 05-Aug-15 22:08:59

Just that really. I have some airline vouchers that I'd like to make the most of, so just wondering if now is the best price or if they will drop?

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 06-Aug-15 06:43:33

It tends overall to cost more the nearer you book to departure day.

RandomFriend Thu 06-Aug-15 11:18:07

Are you talking about Easyjet flights? When first released, they are very cheap, but not necessarily at their cheapest.

If you book when they are released, there is a small chance that you may see the same flights cheaper on a certain day, but this is not at all certain. It is much, much more likely that the flights you see at a certain price when released will only increase in price.

If you want to go anywhere and get a very cheap deal and don't mind when you travel, it could be worth waiting.

If you know where you want to go and when, my advice is to book immediately. That way, you know what you have paid and your flight is sure. The price could go down a little; probably it will go up a lot.

Millymollymama Thu 06-Aug-15 22:51:30

Generally on a scheduled flight they only go up the longer you wait but you can still get fights at good prices a few months in advance if you fly on a not very busy route or off season.

YoScience Thu 06-Aug-15 22:55:27

Thanks all - the vouchers can be used on klm/airfrance or delta. Basically compensation from messing up this summer holiday's flights.

They are just releasing next July day by day so if this is the cheapest I'll get I'll book asap! Just need to decide on where!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now