Talk

Advanced search

Eurotunnel crossing Dover to Calais - how is it now?

(6 Posts)
RandomFriend Wed 05-Aug-15 13:38:31

Has anyone used Eurotunnel in the last few days? Were there delays? I am trying to work out when to set off in order to arrive at the right time tomorrow evening.

Please share your experiences if you have crossed the Channel recently, in either direction.

CwtchesAndCuddles1 Wed 05-Aug-15 21:28:55

We came back on Sunday morning - we were put on an earlier train and were back in the UK an hour earlier!!! Keep an eye on their website for info, seems to be ok now, operation stack has been stood down too.

3catsandcounting Wed 05-Aug-15 23:52:22

We were delayed for 4 hours leaving Folkestone on Tuesday morning; "an unplanned tunnel inspection"!! ��

RandomFriend Thu 06-Aug-15 11:10:16

Thank you for the replies. 3catsandcounting you were unlucky.

In case anyone is interested, I'll share our experience. My dad set off from home four hours earlier than he needed to. He has a very smooth run, was not hindered at all by Operation Stack, and arrived at Folkestone over four hours in advance of his scheduled train. He had the choice of waiting three hours for a train or paying quite a lot extra to cross immediately.

Good luck to everyone that is travelling.

iwantgin Thu 06-Aug-15 11:48:45

We travelled last Friday morning. Set off in plenty of time and got to terminal with no effort. . Our train was delayed for half an hour.

TreTops Thu 06-Aug-15 17:07:14

We went out on 27th and back on 3rd August we had no issues either end. Did see a couple of people getting picked up by the police in Calais thoughshock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now