Talk

Advanced search

How to section off a 1 room cabin so I actually sleep on holiday

(5 Posts)
bellini1 Tue 04-Aug-15 09:10:05

I've booked a gorgeous pod/cabin for 4 nights and was feeling very smug at gorgeousness and great price . .... Not realising that everything ( lounge , bed for us and single bed for 4 year old and travel cot for nearly 2 year old ) is all in 1 room . My children have never shared a room with each other and certainly never with us . The nearly 2 year old is an arse with her sleep anyway and will definitely wake up every night . She also will be excited so I expect she won't be in bed anytime before 8.30. At home she would be down by 7. Her brother has far less stamina and is not a night owl . I need a way of separating us all . I had hoped there would be a product like a pop up travel screen but to no avail . I know I need to relax and accept the holiday sleep craziness. Anyway any ideas most welcome

Heels99 Tue 04-Aug-15 16:43:39

How big is it? Camping pods I think are the same size as a medium tent? So fairly small!
You and dh put the kids to bed then sit outside and havea Drink till you want to go to bed, the outside space is your living room and then you all share the same bedroom. Or tske extra tent.
Enjoy

specialsubject Wed 05-Aug-15 12:45:11

take a tent. Up to you who sleeps in it!!

BareGrylls Thu 06-Aug-15 14:36:13

What on earth is a pod?
Throw a sheet over her cot like a budgie?

Artandco Thu 06-Aug-15 14:40:41

Well 7pm is very early on holiday. Can't you just keep kids outside active all evening, and put both to bed when actually exhausted at 9-10pm?
Then you can sit back outside and go to bed when ready

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now