Talk

Advanced search

France

(6 Posts)
Missygoe Mon 03-Aug-15 13:18:06

Hi, my husband and i with our 3 children (2 teenagers) are driving to South of France from Euro tunnel in depo France. We would like to do most the travel on first day and was thinking Lyon maybe a good place to get a hotel for a nights sleep. Has anyone done this and have any good places or hotels you could suggest?

Missygoe Mon 03-Aug-15 13:38:19

Not sure why 'in depo' was typed!

SwedishEdith Mon 03-Aug-15 18:00:46

Depends where you're coming from in the UK ie how long you'll be driving to get to Lyon. And on what day. Last time we did that route, Lyon was horrible - took about 2 hours to get through and I would recommend avoiding altogether and going round it grin

sunseeker66 Mon 03-Aug-15 18:24:15

We have just stayed in an Ace hotel in Valence it is a but further south than Lyon but it was lovely.

Lyon wasn't too busy to get through, but we were heading North.

Missygoe Mon 03-Aug-15 21:58:04

Thank you. We will be starting our drive from Calais- so looking on maps, it's seems to be around 6/7 hours drive to Lyon? And another 3 hours from Lyon to south. Was the hotel nice? Thanks!

MountainDweller Tue 04-Aug-15 01:38:15

You could try Annecy - smaller and more manageable than Lyon, and has lake and pretty old town to walk around if you have time, plus lots of nice restaurants!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now