Talk

Advanced search

please please help me with advice for last minute holiday spain/greece etc

(8 Posts)
satinpillowcase Sun 02-Aug-15 21:24:06

Hello,
Please help!
I want to take my two children on holiday (I'll be the only adult) somewhere hot and near beautiful sea with pool, last week of August.
I logged onto last minute .com ... and I'm totally confused.
I've travelled a lot, but I've never booked a package holiday.
I hate the idea of being stuck somewhere in a horrid hotel.
I would like somewhere:
near the sea, with a pool, where I don't need a car...somewhere where we can walk to restaurants in the evening if we want.
Imagine a place like broad stairs, but foreign and with cleaner water and warmer weather, and you'd have my number.
I really want a recommendation of somewhere in Greece, for e.g. that we can get to easily but isn't a big resort near a big airport.
a lovely place, that we might be able to get a flat or a hotel, truly i don't care which.
it's the sun and the sea and the pool i care about.
Any advice so so gratefully received.
And it doesn't have to be greece if it has lovely water... somewhere win the mallorcas in spain something like that would also do. Serbia. ANYWHERE!
HELP ME PLEASE!
Thanks!

LIZS Mon 03-Aug-15 09:43:08

Try Porto Pollensa/Alcudia/Playa Da Moro in Majorca

MyPelvicFloorTrainsItself Mon 03-Aug-15 09:46:11

Kefalonia is lovely. What is your budget?

AlpacaLypse Fri 07-Aug-15 22:46:09

LastMinute is a very confusing and unhelpful website.

A1Travel has turned up trumps twice for us now. OnTheBeach not too bad also.

And what's happened to TripAdvisor? Used to be fantastic, now just totally advert and sales minded!

abigamarone Sun 09-Aug-15 11:00:43

The first time I took my two abroad, on my own, we went to a resort called Troulos in Skiathos. Enough restaurants to eat somewhere different each night plus a few. Superb bus service where you could get from one end of the island to the other for a couple of quid each and lots of lovely mostly sandy beaches. The main beach at Troulos is great for kids.
That time I used a travel agent, next time around I used travel Republic, this time I used Skyscanner and booked direct with the accommodation (different Greek Islands) .Next year we're talking of going back to Skiathos again and using the bus service for everything.

Trickydecision Wed 12-Aug-15 12:34:25

DH and I have stayed at the Grand Louis Glyfada Beach several times.
Very nice rooms, excellent food, just as good as you get in greek tavernas, beautiful beach, reasonable transfer from the airport but very quiet location with one or two bars and restaurants if you fancy a change. Kids' club but I have no idea what it is like.
www.loveholidays.com/holidays/availability/corfu/glyfada/lti-louis-grand-hotel.html#state=AQoUKFAAIKHLYwINMAg&flex=MONTH

SecretSpy Wed 12-Aug-15 15:02:17

madeira or Porto Santo are lovely and might be worth a look

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Wed 12-Aug-15 15:07:45

We booked direct, it's cheaper, but makes sure you have service failure insurance cover. Look at axa - covers you if hotel/flights go bust so same as abtol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now