Talk

Advanced search

Stay in Folkestone overnight before Eurotunnel crossing?

(5 Posts)
Jungfraujoch Wed 29-Jul-15 11:20:28

Can any local people advise whether would be a good idea to do this? Is it easy to access Tunnel from Folkestone in current conditions?

Our train is about 9am I think.

Thanks for any advice and can I just sympathise with anyone who does live locally with all this disruption - it must be a nightmare.

3catsandcounting Wed 29-Jul-15 16:53:53

Bumping!
We're staying at Prem Inn on Monday, before our trip through the tunnel Tuesday morning! Slightly worried how it will go?

JillJ72 Wed 29-Jul-15 18:50:40

Hi, we're going away later in August and have booked the preminn - it made sense to reduce stress by going down the day before we're due to cross, rather than being in traffic and clock watching on the day - not the best way to start a holiday!

JillJ72 Wed 29-Jul-15 18:52:10

From what I've read, google mapped and spoken with friends about, the hotel is well placed for easy access to the terminal, ca 10 min drive.

mistyegg Sat 01-Aug-15 08:31:01

We did this and stayed at Premier Inn and it was well worth it as we were about 2 hours delayed after all the diversions due to Operation Stack. Without the hotel booking, would have been very stressful! There are still diversions between the hotel and the Eurotunnel so leave yourself extra time in the morning (we left an extra 30 mins earlier).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now