Talk

Advanced search

Best places to book hotels (in NY)

(3 Posts)
chocolatechip123 Tue 28-Jul-15 09:53:57

Its been such a long time since I actually booked a hotel, and am baffled by all the 3rd party websites, those offering 'deals', review sites that also do bookings.....

What's the best way to get a good price (ie any offers or discounts going?!)?

mummymeister Wed 29-Jul-15 10:22:39

we go onto tripadvisor then find the forum for the place we want to go to. on there you will find recommendations plus destination experts. the most useful thing about TA in my opinion. much more so than the paid/biased reviews on the main bit of the site./

Millymollymama Wed 29-Jul-15 11:49:24

I like bookings.com because people can only comment if they have booked through them. You might even find that the hotel itself will do the best deal. You can compare prices on Trip Advisor. The main thing about New York is deciding where you want to be, North, South, East, West Manhattan, Harlem, Brooklyn etc. You can also book a hotel with your flight. We use BA all the time for this and usually get a very good deal. They show the saving you are making for each hotel and flight. We booked the Soho Grand in New York for 4 nights for £1400 for two in March, including flights. We loved it there. Obviously prices change with the seasons but usually booking early is the best bet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now