Places to go in Cornwall up to an hour from Megavissey? 30 weeks pregnant and 3.5 yr old in tow!

(10 Posts)
PyjamasLlamas Thu 23-Jul-15 17:08:25

Hi All,

We have a week booked in Megavissey in Cornwall. We want to go out and about and see as much as possible but at 30 weeks pregnant (with severe anaemia...just had two blood tranfusions!) and with a 3 yr old I would like ideas for places to go not to far away (up to an hour max) and easy to navigate for me and DS without getting too tired.

Any ideas? So far we have: Heligan gardens, Eden Project, Beaches nearby such as portmellon and pentewan, I'd quite like to go to fowey and polperro but not sure of the drive? Any other ideas?

I am weirdly worried about being able to go to the loo...I pee prob twice an hour and am worried of being caught short somewhere though this is totally irrelevant to my query!

Thanks!

amothersplaceisinthewrong Thu 23-Jul-15 17:10:32

I personally would avoid the Eden Project like a plague as it is a complete rip off. Heligan Gardens are lovely. Fowey is I am sure less than an hour away - we went to Mevagissey a couple of years ago and visited Foy. Looe and Polpero both lovely.

PyjamasLlamas Thu 23-Jul-15 18:54:35

Thanks Another...though I was really looking forward to Eden!

Bump for any more ideas?

Loumate666 Fri 24-Jul-15 08:00:52

Maybe try Perranporth for a nice beach (you can park close to the beach), Padstow (there's a shuttle bus in) and then maybe Newquay for a plasticky type beach experience! All within the hour from Megavissey. We also found Boscastle to be quite a nice day out but I think from memory that there was a little bit more walking

Polperro is very nice for being a typical cornish fishing village. Again, you can park out of the village and then either walk in or there's a shuttle bus.

Enjoy!

mrsmortis Fri 24-Jul-15 11:18:27

Healy's cider farm is good. But you'd probably not be drinking the cider. However, if you want to be the designated driver then you can still do the tour and get to taste the apple juices while the drinkers are imbibing.

HighOverTheFenceLeapsSunnyJim Fri 24-Jul-15 11:22:39

You can get the boat from Mevagissey to Fowey! Takes about 45 mins. No toilet on board though... There's a nice little aquarium in Fowey with native fish.

HighOverTheFenceLeapsSunnyJim Fri 24-Jul-15 11:24:04

Restormel Castle, Lostwithiel, Lanhydrock. Cotehele too far I imagine although v nice.

MuddlePuddle Fri 24-Jul-15 11:40:05

I've been to Eden a couple of times but I am not sure I would enjoy it at 30 weeks though. It is really really hot in some parts, and involves a lot of walking. It is a great place though.

I love Heligan, definitely visit there.

PyjamasLlamas Fri 24-Jul-15 15:43:57

Thanks everyone. muddle yes we did have friends over who went last yr who said they didn't think id be able to cope in the rainforest bit? We shall see. Going to just take it easy and see how it goes...

Sockmatcher Fri 31-Jul-15 19:16:08

Have you been on holiday yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now