Talk

Advanced search

Travel Cot Hire in London

(7 Posts)
Petifilou Thu 23-Jul-15 13:06:41

Hi, does anyone have any recommedations for travel cot hire firms in London? We are visiting my brother (who has no kids) in Sept, and travelling by train from Edinburgh, so taking ours isn't viable. Does anyone have any experience of hiring this type of equipment? Thanks!

noramum Thu 23-Jul-15 14:37:44

No idea but could he ask friends or colleagues? Even if there is any baby equipment hire it could be on the other side of London and could easily mean 1 hour drive one way to collect.

How old is your child? We started letting DD sleeping on a mattress on the floor when she was 16 months when visiting friends. She had lots of space, nothing to fall out and we just babyproofed the room a bit.

PrincessOfChina Thu 23-Jul-15 14:39:19

If you really need one, I'd just buy a cheap one and have it delivered to his house. Surely must be the same as hiring one?

mrsmortis Thu 23-Jul-15 14:57:37

www.kiddicare.com/p/Kiddicare_Kip_Travel_Cot_Black.htm

Why hire?

BackforGood Thu 23-Jul-15 15:22:00

Agree with others - get him to ask around friends / colleagues / neighbours - it's the sort of thing people have taking up room in their house and are happy to lend out when they aren't using it.

Petifilou Thu 23-Jul-15 16:12:58

Thanks everyone. The wee one will be 16 months in Sept but he crawls and rolls around his cot a lot, so I'm not convinced a mattress on the floor would work. We also have a 5yo, who will be in the double bed in the same room. I did consider putting them both in the bed, but again, I'm not sure that would work. The 5YO usually ends up sleeping sideways in a double bed!

I will see if he can borrow one. He doesn't really have friends with small kids, but I never considered colleagues. Good idea! smile

3nationsfamily Sun 26-Jul-15 20:38:19

Also look on the Gumtree site local to him and see if someone is selling one cheap that he could collect for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now