Talk

Advanced search

Random travel queries

(9 Posts)
Hassled Thu 23-Jul-15 08:51:43

I have 2 questions:

What is the long-term parking at Gatwick like? Is it like the shambles that is that Pink Elephant bus at Stansted? Is there a steady supply of transfer buses?

Also - the Rome metro - OK to use? OK for people with very basic Italian and no natural sense of direction?

Feel free to add your own. My speciality is the Amalfi Coast, if anyone wants help there.

RusholmeRuffian Thu 23-Jul-15 09:11:11

Long term parking at Gatwick is fine. Buses every few minutes.

Rome Metro is easy to use, it only has two lines that cross at the main station. Much simpler than the Tube!

Hassled Thu 23-Jul-15 10:10:12

Many thanks smile. I have 'Nam style flashbacks to Stansted chaos (no buses, queues, heat, more queues) so that's a relief.

eurochick Thu 23-Jul-15 13:33:36

Agree that Gatwick long term is fine. I've used it twice in the past few weeks. No problems.

Siennasun Thu 23-Jul-15 20:47:49

Rome metro is very easy to use but ignore the people in stations trying to "help" tourists with buying tickets.

Elysianfields Thu 23-Jul-15 20:55:27

I have used these people www.cophallparkinggatwick.co.uk/ several times and they have been totally faultless. In fact once there were travel problems round the M25 and they went out of their way to work out a route home for me avoiding the worst.

Know nothing about the Rome metro though

Hassled Thu 23-Jul-15 21:23:40

Thanks all smile.

Any other random travel questions? Obviously you need to make sure it's one that I can answer.

Iwantacampervan Fri 24-Jul-15 20:17:51

The long term parking at Gatwick is great - just remember to note down the carpark/bay/bus stop etc on the back of the ticket. The buses were frequent.

mummymeister Fri 24-Jul-15 23:29:14

look on the parking website to see what deals they have. we have found valet parking for less than parking yourself in the past so always worth searching for this. a bus around rome is fab and we took the train out to the ruins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now