Talk

Advanced search

Roco Nivaria in Tenerife

(4 Posts)
MtnBikeChick Wed 22-Jul-15 21:53:06

I am thinking of booking a week here over New Year. We know Tenerife quite well but not stayed in this particular area before. I have read some not-so-great reviews of the food so am thinking of doing B&B only...because we quite like eating out in the coastal restaurants in Tenerife. I was wondering if any Mumsnetters have stayed here and if so, whether there are any restaurants in the walkable vicinity? Thanks!

PatriciaHolm Thu 23-Jul-15 10:17:22

I don't remember there being much in the way of restaurants close by, tbh.

DD and DH both had food poisoning at the RN!

MtnBikeChick Thu 23-Jul-15 14:12:36

Err, OK, thanks for that Patricia! I think you can probably get food poisoning anywhere with a bit of bad luck...we've travelled the world with and without kids, from £5 hotels in India and the Himalayas to £15,000 hotels in the Caribbean/South Africa - and we've had the odd dodgy meal when you'd least expect it - ha ha! Let's face it, I've had food poisoning in London! So I am not too fussed about that concern, especially as no other review I have read mentions food poisoning. I am more keen to understand what the immediate vicinity of the hotel is like, so thanks for the heads' up. We are also considering Dubai.

PatriciaHolm Thu 23-Jul-15 14:18:51

Well, probably, but we've also travelled extensively with the kids and it was the first time either of us or the kids has been afflicted. Just thought I would mention it given you mentioned the food!

We hired a car in Tenerife and drove and found a few nice restaurants out and about. The RN was nice apart from the food issue (The buffet was nothing to write home about really).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now