Talk

Advanced search

What exactly is the wording for a countersignatory to put on the back of a child's passport?

(10 Posts)
pinkrocker Mon 20-Jul-15 12:23:16

Help! I've read so much conflicting advice!
I think it's "I certify this is a true likeness of X" but need to put in that the countersignatory has known the parent for x amount of years as well, don't you?
How to word that?

BrianButterfield Mon 20-Jul-15 12:28:41

It should say in the advice sheet which comes with the passport application.

pinkrocker Mon 20-Jul-15 12:32:30

That's what I'm looking at, but it tells you what to write for an adult...

pinkrocker Mon 20-Jul-15 12:34:48

It seems a lot of writing to try and fit in a 2" space!

Floralnomad Mon 20-Jul-15 12:37:01

You write the same on the photo irrespective of it being an adult or child .

JustinsBrother Mon 20-Jul-15 16:40:18

You just write the 'I certify this is a true likeness....' Bit on the back of the photo, then there's a bit to sign with the details of the person who has done the countersignature. They have to put their passport number there and how long they've known the person.

pinkrocker Mon 20-Jul-15 17:18:41

It ended up with the countersignatory writing "I have known pinkrocker for 21 years and certify that this is a true likeness of pinkrocker's son, signed Boss Lady!"

NotCitrus Mon 20-Jul-15 17:28:02

Next time I'm getting someone who doesn't have a double-barrelled surname, each half of 5 syllables, to do it!

We worried that the kids' middle names would be needed but there was no way they would fit as well! All was fine - passports done within 2 days of him returning the check form the PO send.

Iwantacampervan Tue 21-Jul-15 19:16:38

When I've countersigned a child's passport I've not written on the back of the photo how long I've known the adult - that's on the form. I've written the same on the back of the photo the same for children as for adults (and I've always written out their names in full).

pinkrocker Tue 21-Jul-15 23:57:44

It went through fine today, thankfully! TY for the advice all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now