Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you put a car seat in a bag to check them in?

(7 Posts)
BoysRule Fri 17-Jul-15 13:45:49

We are flying with Ryan Air in August and I have never taken car seats before. The DCs have a booster seat and a booster seat with a back and sides on it. Do you literally just check them in as they are (the seat with back and sides could come apart) or do you put them in a bin liner. If you do that do you have to label them so you know they are yours? And do they just check in with your luggage?

Sorry if I sound stupid!

mrsmortis Mon 20-Jul-15 14:39:54

We have a SunshineKids bag which we use (search on Amazon). It's a sort of heavy canvas and we got it because the isofix bits stick out of DDs car seat and we didn't want them to damage (or get damaged by) anything. But we fly a lot so it was a worthwhile investment for us.

At the airport you just check them when you check your luggage. You'll probably be asked to drop them off at the oversized baggage belt (where skis and golfculbs, etc. also go). You get them back at baggage claim on the otherside. Check that they arrive on the normal belt as at some airports (Stansted for example) there are special belts/ drop off points for over sized luggage.

Twodogsandahooch Mon 20-Jul-15 15:10:01

Yes (and often sneak a couple of others things in it too!)

BoysRule Mon 20-Jul-15 16:35:18

Great idea to stick some other bits in there too! Thanks.

HarlettOScara Mon 20-Jul-15 16:38:25

Yes. I also used it for a bit of extra luggage too. Good for coats and light but bulky items that you won't need in the airport/on the plane.

tortoisesarefab Mon 20-Jul-15 17:41:54

I took car seats on Ryanair recently and just handed them in as they were

minibmw2010 Mon 20-Jul-15 22:35:40

The car seat we bought for DS (4 years) comes in 2 parts (as it can be a booster without the high back in the future) so we definitely needed to put it in a bag. Then just labelled it and all done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now