Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

break/trip suitable for young child and grandparents!

(5 Posts)
gailyfletch Mon 13-Jul-15 11:28:34

Hello

Wondered if anyone could help who may have been in similar situation. I would like to take my elderly parents away for a few days and I will also have my 6 year old daughter with me. My parents are 80 and walk with sticks so mobility is an issue. Can anyone suggest anywhere that may suit everyone?! My dd of course loves theme parks but theyre not good for my parents as most involve lots of walking and sometimes stairs and hills to climb :-( we've done peppa pig, leggoland etc. but my parents spent most of day looking for benches to sit on! It could be a day trip or even a week away if I could find something suitable. Any suggestions would be most welcome. :-) Thinking of this Summer 2015

fairyelephantswellies Mon 13-Jul-15 11:40:23

Have you been to Chatsworth House? Your parents could soak up the atmosphere and there's a lovely farmyard and adventure playground. The gardens have a maze, fountains, grottos etc. if you stayed nearby you could visit villages such as Bakewell and Rowsley, leave your parents in a tearoom and have a bike ride. It's a lovely part of the country

gailyfletch Mon 13-Jul-15 22:18:44

thank you fairyelephantswellies (great user name :-) thats a good suggestion, I'll check it out :-)

mrsmortis Tue 14-Jul-15 16:11:25

I've always thought that CenterParcs are brilliant for cross generational holidays (we often go with three generations though my parents are in their late 60s not their 80s). You may need to pay to pick a villa close to the village but they are generally fairly flat, every one enjoys the pool, and the family can be together as much or as little as they want.

Buttercup27 Tue 14-Jul-15 16:19:04

Bluestone in Wales would be ideal. It's like centre parcs but smaller and cheaper (and I think much nicer) you can hire golf buggies to get around and there is an amazing swimming pool complex.
Next door is oakwood theme park and 5 min down the road is folly farm which is a fantastic day out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now